By D23 Team
As a special treat, our friends at Disney Editions have served up three delightful recipes for us from their cookbook, Delicious Disney: The Fresh Edition. We’ve got the final—and sweetest— recipe for you to try out, straight from author Pam Brandon’s book, currently on-sale as an exclusive souvenir only available at the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Roasted White Chocolate Budino
DISNEY’ S BOARDWALK INN AND VILLAS
WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT
TRATTORIA AL FORNO
Family-friendly Trattoria Al Forno brings Italian favorites to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas. Sweet budino is creamy like a custard or pudding, and the crunchy amaretto cookie is the perfect accompaniment.
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1 (1/4-ounce) envelope powdered gelatin
1 cup whole milk, divided
1 cup, plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon light corn syrup
(MAKES 2 1/2 DOZEN COOKIES)
1/2 cup, plus 3 tablespoons almond paste
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon almond flour
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Place white chocolate chips in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes and stir. Cook for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Color should be medium caramel. Using a rubber spatula, scrape chocolate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of milk in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining 3/4 cup milk, heavy cream, and corn syrup in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the gelatin/milk mixture, whisking until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot cream mixture over roasted chocolate, whisking to combine.
- Divide evenly among 6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours.
FOR AMARETTI COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat almond paste with electric mixer until crumbly.
- Beat in egg whites until mixture is smooth. Sift in powdered sugar and all-purpose flour, beating just until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in almond flour with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Use water to lightly wet scoop before working the dough. Scoop rounded teaspoons of dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until cookies rise, crack slightly, and are golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before removing from baking sheet with a thin metal spatula. Store in an airtight container.
Top each budino serving with an Amaretti cookie, whipped cream, and a cherry.