By the D23 Team
The newest member of the Disney Cruise Line fleet is about to bring even more magic to the high seas! Just announced today, Disney Wish guests ages 18 and older will have new ways to pamper and play, sip and swim, and escape and indulge starting summer 2022. Our wishes for high-seas fun were already coming true with the previously announced Star Wars-themed lounge and fine dining experiences inspired by Beauty and the Beast, and now our vacation plans are getting even dreamier with the debut a variety of brand-new venues for adults, including the fleet’s first outdoor spa retreat, unique salon and barbershop experiences, and a collection of upscale bars and lounges sure to keep any itinerary jam-packed with relaxation and fun.
“With the Disney Wish, we wanted to design an experience that allows our grown-up guests to relax, recharge, and reconnect in unique ways that only Disney Cruise Line can create,” said Laura Cabo, portfolio creative executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Not only did we infuse more storytelling and enchantment into the adult-exclusive venues, but we added more variety and made them more accessible than ever before. This ship has truly been designed with adults’ vacation needs in mind, and I know our guests are going to return home feeling refreshed after their Disney Wish vacation.”
Want more details on all the new fun? Your wish is our command:
The Fleet’s First-Ever Outdoor Spa Retreat
Nothing is more relaxing than a cool ocean breeze—until now! For the first time aboard a Disney ship, guests can relax at Senses Spa, a dedicated outdoor relaxation space featuring whirlpool spas, plush loungers, and yoga sessions. Plus, anyone looking for some private rest and relaxation can enjoy the Senses Spa’s private treatment rooms or lavish spa villas for couples, with full menus of massage, facial, and acupuncture therapies, along with a menu of specialized treatments that are customized to their needs, such as pain management and sleep improvement. Adjacent to the spa, the reimagined Senses Fitness will offer state-of-the-art exercise and wellness facilities, including a main room with exercise equipment, a dedicated cycle studio, and an aerobics room.
This open-air oasis is a brand-new extension to Disney Cruise Line’s signature Rainforest experience, which has been reimagined for the Disney Wish to provide even more ways to relax and rejuvenate. The Rainforest will introduce the fleet’s first ice lounge, allowing guests to combine thermal therapies, which promotes both physical wellness and tranquility. It will also include guest-favorite elements like heated ergonomic loungers; sensory spa showers; and sauna, steam, and dry chambers.
Salon and Barbery
Let your hair down—and have it cut and styled in two brand-new salon experiences new to the Disney Cruise Line fleet. The Untangled Salon, inspired by Rapunzel, is a light and airy environment perfect for pampering. The chic, high-end salon is enchantingly designed to reflect the spirit of Tangled, adorned in shapes of purple and gold and decorated with floating light fixtures. As it takes inspiration from our favorite long-tressed, artistic princess, guests can also enjoy custom cut-metal privacy screens depicting Rapunzel’s own paintings! One side of the space will even gleam and glow with the golden light of a signature chandelier that evokes the iconic flower that gave her hair its magical qualities. In addition to haircuts and styling, the menu of services at Untangled Salon will include manicures, pedicures, teeth whitening, and skin treatments.
In the mood for something less royal and more… villainous? Stop by Hook’s Barbery for a unique twist on a traditional European men’s salon. Offering cuts, shaves, and nail and skin care, the barbery is decked out in dark woods, handsome leather chairs, and ornate golden mirrors, and more narrative details inspired by its namesake, Captain Hook. Keep an eye out for an inlaid wooden map of Never Land, a hidden pocket watch and—of course—a hook, plus so many more details straight from Never Land. One more wonderful thought: A trio of seemingly nondescript lanterns will occasionally come to life with lighting and audio effects to signify Tinker Bell jumping from one fixture to another.
No establishment inspired by the pirate life is complete without some secrets: Hook’s Barbery not only provides salon and barber services, but it will also feature a hidden bar. This trove of pre-Prohibition bourbons, vintage whisky and port, aged rum, and premium spirits will be the ideal location for low-key hangouts, romantic date nights, hosted tastings and special evening events.
Every adult deserves the chance to have an enchanting evening or a magical night out, and the Disney Wish will offer a collection of relaxed and refined bars and lounges reserved exclusively for adults each evening. For the first time, these venues will be spread out among the ship’s other core gathering places for a more flexible, free-flow experience that will allow guests—particularly parents—the opportunity to craft their own adventures throughout their cruise. Also new is the prevalence of storytelling in these spaces, providing a variety of ways for adults to experience some of their favorite Disney stories in sophisticated ways designed especially for them. These experiences include:
- Keg & Compass: Keg & Compass is a pub that celebrates the adventure and romance of the sea, designed in the rustic architectural style of a late 1800s Norwegian sailor’s map room. Drawing inspiration from the rich folklore of Norse seafaring, period-style oil paintings will depict tales of the deep and intricate carvings of tentacles, barnacles, compasses, and more will accentuate porthole frames.
- Spanning the entire ceiling will be a grand, fantastical map in old maritime style that features, among other references to ocean lore, a homage to Disney characters and stories related to the sea. In addition to such characters as Ursula and Moana (appearing in the geographically accurate locations of their stories), the map will call out important locales related to The Walt Disney Company and, specifically, the design and construction of the Disney Wish. This casual setting is perfect for guests to kick back and watch live sports, news, and major broadcast events while sampling a specialized selection of beers, including three custom craft brews available exclusively aboard the Disney Wish, along with an assortment of liquors, wines, and cocktails.
- Nightingale’s: Nightingale’s is a refined piano bar inspired by Cinderella’s lyrical rendition of “Sing Sweet Nightingale” in the 1950 film, offering an extensive menu of fine wines, bubblies, and hand-crafted cocktails. Classically modern with a soft metallic palette, the predominant design feature will be a glittering chandelier perched above the piano—a swirl of pearlescent bubbles and music notes displaying the titular song’s melody meticulously crafted out of shimmering rose gold. This vibrant lounge will be a thematic extension of the fairy tale-inspired Grand Hall from which it stems, with large doors that allow the twinkling tunes to spill out across the atrium, inviting passersby to stop and stay for a while.
- The Bayou: Guests looking for New Orleans-inspired good time can go down to The Bayou, an informal lounge themed to The Princess and the Frog. Flourishing with magnolia blossoms, lily pads, and a canopy of twinkling fireflies overhead, this space will evoke the magical marsh where Tiana and Naveen take refuge in the film. A bronze statue of each character will be prominently displayed, and two gazebos inspired by the city’s iconic wrought iron metalwork structures will provide intimate seating for small groups on either side of the bar.
This centrally located venue will offer creative cocktails, specialty coffees, and signature beignets in a lively, social atmosphere complete with live entertainment and musical performances.
More Fun for Adults
As previously announced, the Disney Wish will also feature a first-of-its-kind lounge in a galaxy far, far away; a trio of premium culinary experiences inspired by a tale as old as time; and a dedicated pool district on the upper decks exclusively for guests ages 18 and older.
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge: For the first time on a Disney ship, guests will embark on a space-jumping tour of the Star Wars galaxy at Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge, a high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship. This richly themed, immersive experience will be reserved for adults every evening, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by the films.
- Exquisite Specialty Dining: Adults will savor gourmet meals and exceptional beverages at Palo Steakhouse, Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement, and The Rose, an upscale suite of epicurean excellence inspired by the elegant icons of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Beauty and the Beast.
- Quiet Cove Pool District: At Quiet Cove, guests aged 18 and older will find a secluded adults-only district dedicated to lounging, sipping, and soaking. Set away from the bustle of family activities, this peaceful refuge will offer panoramic views of the ocean from a luxurious infinity pool. Other amenities include a whirlpool spa, an open-air bar, and a poolside cafe.
Maiden Voyage and Inaugural Season
The Disney Wish will sail its maiden voyage on June 9, 2022, followed by a season of three- and four-night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral, Florida.
To learn more about the Disney Wish or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.