By the D23 Team
The one-of-a-kind Disney experience, the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, has begun immersing guests in an exciting mix of family-friendly dining and shopping in a vibrant setting during the phased reopening that began July 9. If you plan on visiting this magical shopping destination, we’ve rounded up what you need to know while planning your trip:
With the health and safety of guests, operating participant employees, and Disney cast members at the forefront of planning, several operational changes have been implemented based on guidance from health authorities to promote physical distancing and enhanced cleanliness throughout the Downtown Disney District.
There are 6 key things to expect when visiting the Downtown Disney District:
- Parking at the Simba Lot only and clearly defined entrances to the Downtown Disney District
- Temperature screenings prior to entry
- Face coverings are required for guests ages 2 and older
- Physical distancing measures, including physically distanced queues and seating, and physical barriers at select locations
- Temporary operations modifications, including reduced hours at select locations and the suspension of entertainment offerings and high-touch interactive areas
- An increased focus on cleaning and sanitation, including the addition of hand-washing stations and hand sanitizers in key areas
To help guide you through these new measures, cast members from Disneyland Resort’s Guest Experience Team are walking throughout the Downtown Disney District to help explain our new health and safety measures and answer any questions you may have. They, along with other Downtown Disney cast members, are on hand to encourage everyone to follow these measures for the health and safety of us all.
What’s Open at the Downtown Disney District?
The following shopping and dining locations are open at the Downtown Disney District. Additional locations may reopen, but are not currently listed. Please contact the shop or restaurant you’d like to visit for more information—including hours of operation.
- Asian Street Eats™ by Chef Hung Huynh
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
- California Churro
- Curl Surf
- Disney Home
- Disney’s Pin Traders
- Earl of Sandwich®
- Kayla’s Cakes
- Marceline’s Confectionery
- Naples Ristorante e Bar
- PANDORA® Jewelry
- Rinse Bath & Body Co.
- Salt & Straw
- Starbucks® West
- Sugarboo & Co.
- Sunglass Icon®
- The Disney Dress Shop
- The LEGO® Store
- UVA Bar & Cafe
- Wetzel’s Pretzels®
- WonderGround Gallery
- World of Disney®
Downtown Disney District hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily. Individual location hours may vary.
For complete and current information on visiting the Downtown Disney District, please visit Disneyland.com/DTD.