By The D23 Team
As we continue to celebrate the century of stories that will lead us into a limitless future, D23 is ready to share exciting updates on upcoming experiences that we’re bringing to YOU, the Disney fans who inspire us all to dream bigger.
A cornerstone of the D23 Member experience is our fan-centric events. This year, you were among the first to experience TRON Lightcycle / Run and Disney100: The Exhibition, dove under the sea to celebrate 20 years of Finding Nemo, and even took the ultimate tour of Disneyland Paris to celebrate the Grand Finale of its 30th anniversary celebration.
And as Walt Disney once said, “…we’re just getting started!” We couldn’t wait to tell you about some the amazing experiences we’re planning for the rest of this historic year.
First, we’re suiting up for some incredible encounters this summer to celebrate the awe-inspiring heroes from the many worlds of Disney:
- Mulan: A 25th Anniversary Outdoor Screening – Relive the epic adventure of Disney’s animated classic Mulan on the big screen with a 25th Anniversary screening! This magnificent event will take place on May 28 at the Los Angeles State Historic Park in Los Angeles, California. We promise, this is one event that won’t bring dishonor upon you—or your cow! Tickets on sale now.
- Rogers: The Musical at Disney California Adventure – We could do this all day! Literally. And D23 can’t wait to celebrate Rogers: The Musical with the Ultimate Disney Fans at Disney California Adventure! Polish up those shields and start your vocal warm-ups because this super-powered story is going to make hearts soar like a supersonic Quinjet. D23 Gold Members will have an opportunity to “save the city” at this smash-ing hit musical, premiering this summer! More details assembling soon.
- D23 Presents – X-Men Hellfire Gala – What do you get when you cross the elegant world of high fashion with the daring world of Marvel Comics? Let’s just say, something truly X-traordinary. D23 is coming to San Diego, California, on July 22 and welcoming heroes, villains, and those in between to an incredibly Uncanny event at the mysterious locale of Krakoa. Prepare your most outlandish of outfits and curious cosplays—tickets go on sale May 24!
Next are a few updates on the biggest Disney fan event of the year, Destination D23 presented by Lug. While we’ve already shared some highlights of this sold-out event, we’re pleased to bring you even more details on other ways to experience this celebration—happening September 8-10 at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Destination D23 Livestream – For those unable to attend in person, select presentations at Destination D23 will be livestreamed on D23.com for audiences to enjoy no matter where you are in the world.
- D23 Shopping Spree – While current ticketholders to Destination D23 will gain priority first access to the exclusive shopping opportunities at this event, we will be offering a separate, specially ticketed experience for D23 Gold Members who aren’t attending Destination D23 but still want to snag collectibles, exclusives, and marvelous merchandise with the D23 Shopping Spree. Fans will be offered a chance to take part in shopping at the Contemporary Resort with Mickey’s of Glendale, The Walt Disney Company Store, and the Ink & Paint Marketplace—all of which are creating a stellar lineup of products that allow all fans to showcase their love of Disney in a multitude of ways. Stay tuned for more information on this special shopping opportunity.
This fall, we are in for some monstrously monumental Halloween celebrations—including special events for Hocus Pocus, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Halloweentown. We’re also thrilled (and chilled) to be returning to the Sleepy Hollow International Film Festival! Disney fans can expect more details coming soon.
- D23 Black Flame Ball: Spell-ebrating 30 Years of Hocus Pocus – Just like the sinister Sanderson Sisters, D23 is heading back to Salem, Massachusetts—bringing a bombastic blowout bash to this historic town. It’s been 30 years since the Sandersons first returned to Salem, and we’re lighting the Black Flame Candle one more time to raise the dead (and the roof) at this Halloween happening.
- 25 Years of Halloweentown with D23 – Return to the magic of Halloweentown with D23, in St. Helens, Oregon, where we’ll be hosting very special 25th anniversary screenings of this DCOM classic in Halloweentown itself!
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas: 30th Anniversary – Fans and stans of every age, wouldn’t you like to see something strange? Come with us and you will see, the Halloween world with D23! Relive the cult classic that has been a staple of the scary and merry seasons for generations of superfans. Much like the pumpkin king himself, we’re mapping out major plans for this skele-bration.
100 YEARS OF DISNEY
Finally, as all fans know, 2023 marks the 100th Anniversary of Disney. D23 was overjoyed to have been a part of this celebration’s kick-off last September at D23 Expo. We’re here to tell you, the excitement has only just begun. From even more magical events to a winter full of Wish, you won’t want to miss a single moment.
- 100th Anniversary of the Walt Disney Company – In 1923, Walt and Roy Disney started a dream that came true. All because of you. D23 is bringing the dream to life for the fans and welcoming Members to an enchanted celebration at the historic Walt Disney Studios on October 15. It’s going to be something very special, so stay connected for more details coming soon. And you’re the first to hear that the fall issue of Disney twenty-three will be a special edition commemorating this milestone.
- Please note that this event has moved from the previously announced date of October 16 to the new date of Sunday, October 15. We hope to see you there!
- Wish – This year is also marked by a remarkable new story from Walt Disney Animation Studios, also celebrating its 100th They are bringing to life an epic tale that has been a century in the making. Blending multiple styles of animation and referencing a myriad of classic Disney films, Wish is positioned to make every wish you’ve ever had come true. To close out the year, D23 will celebrate the debut of this fantastic new feature with special screenings and so much more.
These are just a few of the exciting experiences we’re bringing to the Ultimate Disney Fans this year. We look forward to seeing you all real soon!