By the D23 Team
This fall, the Disney Genie is coming out of the lamp and making magic at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort. As first revealed during the Parks and Resorts panel at D23 Expo 2019, Disney Genie is a complimentary and convenient new digital service designed to create your best Disney day. Wishing planning was easier? Wishing for more flexibility? Wishing for better tools to help you make the most of your visit? You’ve never had a friend like Disney Genie, who is here to make all of that happen—and more! This cool new technology will guide you through your favorite Disney parks with all the expert tips and magic moments that help take the guesswork out of “what’s next.”
Josh D’Amaro, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, shares more about this new technology: “Disney Genie listens to the preferences that guests share with us to help design their best day and deliver an experience that’s made just for them. Pairing incredible technology with more than 60 years of expertise about how our guests visit the parks, Disney Genie will personalize their Disney day, allowing guests to spend less time planning and waiting and more time doing the things they love.”
Here’s what the Disney Genie can do for you:
- Personalized itinerary planning
- Continually updated tip board
- Forecasted future wait times for attractions
- Virtual assistant
- Mobile order
- Restaurant wait list, check-in, and reservations
- Attraction virtual queues (available at certain attractions)
There’s no lamp needed for this Genie. Just open your phone for the magic to start! Disney Genie is built right into the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps, so all your tools for a most magical day are contained all in one place! When you call on the Disney Genie, get ready for your Disney day to be one you’ll remember forever. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day for you, from the attractions you don’t want to miss to the food you’ve been craving. Want an intergalactic Star Wars-centered day? Hoping to have a royally awesome, princess-filled day? Just tell Disney Genie what you want to do, and it will do the planning for you.
Want to learn more about the features? Consider your wish granted:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant, and more.
For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying Disney theme parks, through a queue called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day—from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories—augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance—such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure Park, subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing will vary by date, attraction, and park.
Disney Genie+ will allow guests to choose the next available arrival window for the Lightning Lane entrance at more than 40 attractions at Walt Disney World Resort and at more than 15 attractions at Disneyland Resort. Guests can choose one attraction selection at a time, throughout the entire day (subject to limited availability).
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to maximize flexibility.
While the FASTPASS, FastPass+, and Disney MaxPass services will be retired, we’re incredibly excited about the flexibility and choices Disney Genie service provides. You can choose from all of our new options, a mix of them or none at all, and continue to have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.
Disney Parks are also making some enhancements to our Disability Access Service (DAS) program, including new options to enroll in the program pre-arrival and for DAS participants to select arrival windows for attractions directly in the app. These options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program. Visit our Services for Guests with Disabilities page on DisneyWorld.com and Disneyland.com for more details.