By Beth Deitchman
For some folks, it’s the leaves and their changing hues… For others, it’s the aroma of pumpkin spice coming from their morning latte… but here at D23, we look to Main Street, U.S.A. to know that fall is upon us. And this year, seasonal offerings at the Walt Disney World Resort include gourdgeous décor, delicious treats, costumed characters, and more.
Inside Magic Kingdom park, Main Street, U.S.A. will be filled with Halloween spirit. Pumpkin wreaths adorning the lampposts will cast a special seasonal glow; and Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and their pals will don their favorite costumes for a special Halloween-themed cavalcade that travels down Main Street, U.S.A. Chip ‘n’ Dale wouldn’t miss the opportunity to dress up for Halloween—you might spot them in Frontierland! In fact, you never know you you’ll see dressed in their Halloween finest, riding the horse-drawn trolley down Main Street, U.S.A.
Speaking of costumed characters… what will you be wearing? That’s right, for the first time ever, guests of all ages are invited to wear their funniest, Disney-est, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom park regular operating hours from September 15 to October 31. But do remember: Costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks. In addition, all guests are required to wear approved face coverings during their visit. Before you arrive, visit the Know Before You Go page and Costume Guidelines for the most up-to-date information.
Be sure to scare up an appetite during your visit, because throughout the resort, you’ll find an amazing array of sweet and savory ways to treat yourself. Here are just a few of the dishes we can’t wait to be goblin:
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)—Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow)—Pumpkin spice-flavored waffles topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café)—Burger with Muenster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House)—A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum)
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Scar Cupcake (Available at Creature Comforts, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Restaurantosaurus)—Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
- Spooky Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Flame Tree Barbecue and Isle of Java)—Sprite with Monin Apple Syrup poured over ice, garnished with a rocky candy apple straw, a gummy worm, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and a sugar lime rim
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Poison Candied Apple (Available at Trolley Car Café)—Apple and caramel mousse covered in red glaze with a crunchy candy base
- Box of Bones Chocolate Éclair (Available at Backlot Express)—Chocolate éclair with dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate bones
That’s just a smattering of what’s cooking for this year’s spooky season. Visit the Disney Parks Blog for a complete Foodie Guide. And, in addition to Halloween-themed Glow Cubes, popcorn buckets, and sippers, don’t forget to bring home some of the frightfully fun merchandise that will be available in select locations around Magic Kingdom. Among the featured items for this year are a new spirit jersey, Loungefly backpack, candy-swirl Minnie Mouse headband, and a wickedly wonderful selection of Disney Villains-inspired apparel.
Of course, one of the most magical ways to remember any trip to Walt Disney World is through pictures of your visit. Look for themed photo opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom park. Disney PhotoPass photographers will help capture your special moments (and, just maybe, a happy haunt here or there).
Follow D23 for more details as they’re revealed, and get ready for a fab-boo-lous fall at Walt Disney World.