By Andie Hagemann
Love Disney and lofi music? The Lofi Minnie: Focus digital album is here, featuring some of Minnie Mouse’s favorite Disney songs reimagined by top artists in the lofi space. Celebrate iconic hits like “Hakuna Matata,” “Into the Unknown,” “A Whole New World,” and more with a chill new vibe perfect for studying, creating, or unwinding.
Available on all streaming platforms, the digital release features classic Disney tracks reimagined in the style of lofi, a genre with roots in hip-hop, house, and jazz that has come to prominence over the last decade thanks to influential artists around the world. Listeners often stream lofi for hours at a time given how easily it can promote focus.
“What attracted us to lofi is the ability to reimagine our songs in a completely new way that combines the soothing benefits of lofi with the wonder and nostalgia that Disney has to offer” says Tim Pennoyer, Enterprise Franchise Mickey & Friends Lead. “One of the artists we worked with, Jazzinuf, had a great take that, ‘Disney and Lofi are like pancakes and maple syrup,’ and we couldn’t agree more. Lofi and Disney are both a great source of comfort, so the two make for a perfect match.”
Lofi is also known for pairing tracks with an animated glimpse into a character’s life on YouTube, where the genre started. Pennoyer adds, “Minnie Mouse is one Disney’s most celebrated icons globally, so who better to represent an album full of Disney hits? We love giving listeners the ability to peek into Minnie’s world and have her accompany their daily tasks. Minnie’s interests in creativity, music, and wellness are a perfect fit with lofi as the genre is known for self-expression and has calming, meditative properties.”
The songs on Lofi Minnie: Focus are reimagined by some of the biggest names in lofi from across the world, including Purrple Cat, Jazzinuf and eevee, who between them have amassed over 12 million listeners per month on Spotify, as well as countless more per day on YouTube.
Many of these artists have emotional connections to Disney, as eevee adds, “I’ve known Disney since I was a young child and I’ve watched a lot of their movies, so being able to put my own style on a classic song is a dream come true!”
The track listing for Lofi Minnie: Focus is as follows:
- “Hakuna Matata,” from The Lion King, performed by Purrple Cat
- “How Far I’ll Go,” from Moana, performed by Philanthrope
- “Go the Distance,” from Hercules, performed by mommy
- “Into the Unknown,” from Frozen 2, performed by Hippo Dreams
- “A Whole New World,” from Aladdin, performed by eevee
- “Un Poco Loco,” from Coco, performed by Krynoze
- “Almost There,” from The Princess and the Frog, performed by Otesla
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King,” from The Lion King, performed by Epona
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me,” from Toy Story, performed by Jazzinuf
- “Under the Sea,” from The Little Mermaid, performed by Kupla
The Lofi Minnie: Focus digital album is available today.