By Sarah Sterling
Get ready to trick-or-treat yourself this fall at Disneyland Resort, because our favorite autumnal festivities are returning starting September 2! Looking forward to spooktacular events this Halloween? Or maybe celebrating your family history during Día de Los Muertos? We break down everything coming to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure this fall. It is going to be fun for the whole family!
Mark your calendars! Tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party go on sale on June 30. Oogie Boogie Bash is a celebration for guests of all ages where you can trick-or-treat throughout Disney California Adventure in your Halloween costume! Enjoy exclusive entertainment, including the Frightfully Fun Parade, Villains Grove at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, and Mickey’s Trick and Treat show. This villainous event is topped off with seasonal character meet-and-greets, merchandise offerings, and, of course, tasty treats! Magic Key holders can purchase pre-sale tickets on June 28 and D23 Gold Members can purchase tickets for an exclusive members-only night on September 10. Tickets open to the public on June 30 for event dates from September 6 to October 31.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party includes:
- Entrance to Disney California Adventure Park before the party. The party kicks off at 6 p.m. PT and guests have the opportunity to enjoy Disney California Adventure three hours before the party beings.
- Immersive treat trails featured throughout Disney California Adventure, offering kids and guests of all ages the chance to don costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating, encountering some new and favorite characters.
- “Mickey’s Trick and Treat” show, a not-so-scary, family-friendly celebration where guests of all ages can enjoy dancing with Mickey and his friends.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow leads the way, arriving on his ghostly black steed at the start of the parade and carrying his flickering jack-o’-lantern. A cavalcade of Disney characters and mischievous villains follow, ready to stir up some toil and trouble!
- Character sightings feature favorite Disney characters including Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck—plus villains, too. Guests may encounter unexpected characters at this Halloween party, ready for photos and interactions.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail transforms into Villains Grove, an ethereal wonderland of imagery inspired by Disney Villains. With lighting, projections, sounds, and special effects, guests will experience a dreamlike world that unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful space of color, sound, light, and shadow, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- A Halloween spell is cast on the façade of Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street, transforming the iconic tower structure throughout the night with swarming bats, pulsing green energy, and mesmerizing moments sure to delight.
- Unlimited Disney PhotoPass digital photo downloads from the party are included with admission to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party. Disney PhotoPass photographers are stationed throughout the party to help the entire family capture everlasting memories with spook-tacular photos.
Find full details and dates at Disneyland.com/OogieBoogieBash.
There is so much more to experience at Disneyland Resort during Halloween Time. Starting September 2, the Resort will transform into an eerily enchanting Halloween hub with seasonal décor, including the magical Mickey Mouse pumpkin on Main Street, U.S.A., and the Headless Horseman statue on Buena Vista Street. Halloween-themed attractions including Haunted Mansion Holiday and Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark will return, and guests can meet their favorite Disney characters and villains!
Over in Cars Land, Radiator *Screams* will be full of your favorite car-acters in their Halloween costumes as Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruz, and Red celebrate Haul-O-Ween! Take a spin on popular Cars Land attractions with new Halloween twists. Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree will have a special spooky soundtrack, and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween shows its wicked side.
Every night this Fall, guests can experience the return of Disneyland’s “Halloween Screams” projection and light show. On weekend nights, “Halloween Screams” will take to the skies with fireworks, viewable from multiple locations, including Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, and it’s a small world.
The Downtown Disney District will also bring back Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit from September 9 through October 31. Embark on a scavenger hunt for hidden decorative pumpkins and redeem your completed game board for a special prize. This experience is only $9.99 and is a great way to celebrate the season outside of the Disneyland Resort theme parks. Be sure to check out the Halloween-themed lobby displays at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort, too!
The fall fun doesn’t end after Halloween at Disneyland! From September 2 through November 2, guests can celebrate Día de Los Muertos at Disney California Adventure Park at Plaza de la Familia! This limited-time celebration features live entertainment, specialty foods, crafts, and interactive experiences. “A Musical Celebration of Coco” is sure to delight Pixar fans and illuminate the everlasting bonds of family. Paradise Gardens will also display “The World of Coco” art installation and provide photo opportunities at the Arbol de la Vida (Tree of Life). You can even meet the hand-animated Miguel from Coco and enjoy live Mariachi music!
Over at Disneyland Park, stop by Frontierland to see the vibrant Día De Los Muertos arrangement featuring skeletons, colorful flowers, and festive décor honoring the spirit of the season.
What frightfully fun experience are you most excited for this fall at Disneyland? Keep an eye on D23.com as we bring you all of the updates and details on Halloween Time at the Disney Parks this year!