By the D23 Team
It’s about to get very merry! A reimagined holiday celebration will begin November 6, 2020, at Walt Disney World Resort. All four theme parks, Disney Springs, and Disney resort hotels will be decked with holiday cheer through December 30. Setting the scene for festive fun, guests can look forward to seasonal food and drink, plus exclusive merchandise and some enchanting entertainment experiences.
- When night falls at Magic Kingdom Park, projection effects will transform Cinderella Castle with a kaleidoscope of designs, including a whimsical Christmas sweater and a regal overlay of red, green, and gold ornamentation. The iconic castle will provide the perfect colorful background for guests seeking a magical holiday portrait.
- Characters synonymous with the season—including gingerbread men and elves—will join Disney characters in cavalcades through the park.
- On Main Street, U.S.A., toy soldiers will march with the Main Street Philharmonic as they bring musical cheer for all to hear.
- Highlights from the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will begin November 27. Holiday kitchens will return around the World Showcase promenade, offering favorite dishes such as slow-roasted turkey with stuffing at the American Holiday Table.
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their yuletide finest will appear in holiday promenades.
- Inside World ShowPlace, JOYFUL! will take guests on a musical journey of holiday music, while Voices of Liberty will use their eight-part harmonies to share songs of the season at the America Gardens Theatre.
Disney Animal Kingdom
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday finest will appear in festive flotillas at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Plus, keep an eye out for Santa Claus!).
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday finest will appear in merry motorcades at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Minnie Mouse will host a yuletide dining experience at Hollywood & Vine, inviting some of her best pals—including Santa Goofy—to join the fun.
Disney Springs and Disney Resort Hotels
- Elaborately decorated Christmas trees will spring up throughout Disney Springs.
- A magical snowfall will enchant guests within Town Center, West Side, and The Landing.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will transform into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with delightful décor and a limited-time menu of festive favorites.
- Disney resort hotels will deck their halls for the holidays, including iconic Christmas trees in lobbies and other festive flourishes.
- Santa Claus will wave to guests as he makes pop-up appearances.
More announcements about the 2020 holiday season will be made in the coming weeks. Stay tuned to D23.com as we report on all the future festivities.