By D23 Team
Why does Elsa have powers? And why doesn’t Anna?
These burning questions will be answered in Frozen 2—Walt Disney Animation Studios’ eagerly anticipated follow-up to its beloved 2013 film—when it opens in theaters on November 22. Ahead of that, the film’s writer/director Jennifer Lee and stars Kristen Bell (voice of Anna) and Josh Gad (voice of Olaf) share a peek at the incredible journey all of the characters must take to save the kingdom of Arendelle in the latest issue of Disney twenty-three. The issue’s gorgeous wrap-around cover, created exclusively for D23, will give you chills in the best possible way.
Of course, there’s another must-see movie marked on our calendar and that’s Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, the 42-years-in-the-making thrilling climax to the Skywalker Saga. Star John Boyega and director J.J. Abrams talked to Disney twenty-three about reaching the cinematic apex to the nine-film saga, and Boyega revealed some inside scoop from the production. Among the tasty tidbits he shared was the bill of fare for the final on-set meal Boyega and fellow cast members Daisy Ridley and Naomi Ackie enjoyed together: “burgers and donuts.”
Plus, the creative team behind Disney+’s Forky Asks a Question sporks to the occasion and discusses bringing the hysterically frustrating character to the streaming service in a new collection of 10 shorts. They also reveal some of the big-name comedy stars lending their voices to the show, including Carol Burnett, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, and Betty White (who play the hilariously named Chairol Burnett, Melephant Brooks, Carl Reinosceros, and Bitey White, respectively).
Also included in the Winter issue of Disney twenty-three:
- The author of One Day at Disney reveals the stories behind some of his favorite interviews in the dazzling new book
- Lea Michele takes a Hawaiian holiday for the new ABC movie Same Time, Next Christmas
- A look at the new Disney+ series The Imagineering Story from award-winning documentarian Leslie Iwerks
- Stars Billy Campbell and Kathy Najimy preview the new animated series The Rocketeer
- The stars and creative team behind Togo—about a man, a dog, and an unbelievable adventure—talk about the real-life inspiration for the new Disney+ film
- Kristen Bell enjoys an Encore!, her delightful unscripted series that reunites the casts of high school musicals for one more unforgettable performance
- Stunning concept art from beloved films celebrating milestone anniversaries, including Cinderella, Fantasia, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- The cast of the new Frozen on Broadway national tour takes a bow
- A peek at all of the incredible Star Wars content and experiences on the way
- Every exciting announcement from D23 Expo 2019
- From the Desk Of: Disney store’s Jonathan Storey
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-November.
Not a Gold Member? Click here to join or to upgrade now.