Makes 8 Individual Soufflés
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, plus more for coating ramekins
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar, divided, plus more for coating ramekins
- 4 eggs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small 12-ounce loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and diced
- 4 egg whites
Bourbon Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon butter 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions for Soufflés:
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Brush 8 (10 oz.) ramekins with melted butter and coat with sugar, tapping out any excess.
- Using parchment paper, create a collar around each ramekin, making sure the paper extends 11⁄2 inches above the lip of the ramekin. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine butter, 3⁄4 cup sugar, eggs, cream, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Add bread to mixture and gently mix until liquid is absorbed into the bread, but bread is not falling apart.
- Add strawberries to the mixture and fold to combine.
- Whip egg whites and remaining 1⁄2 cup sugar using an electric mixer with a whip attachment. Whip until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Gently fold bread mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Measure out one cup of batter and spoon into a ramekin. Repeat with remaining ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and place in oven.
- Cook for 25–35 minutes, until soufflés have risen, the center is firm, and the top is lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, remove collars, and pour bourbon sauce into the center of each soufflé.
- Serve immediately.
Directions for Bourbon Sauce:
- Combine the butter, milk, and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Do not let mixture boil.
- Combine the egg and 1 tablespoon of warm mixture in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Stir in bourbon and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the warm milk mixture and continue to cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and lightly coats the back of a spoon, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over soufflés.
As D23: The Official Disney Fan Club continues to celebrate 65 Years of the Disney Theme Park, we’ll be sharing more delicious recipes from the vault over the next few weeks. Some include:
Stilton Cheesecake at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Tuna Burgers at Captain Hook’s Galley at Disneyland Park
Three Cheese Lobster Macaroni at Lumiere’s and Triton’s Disney Cruise Line
Chocolate Soda at Plaza Restaurant Magic Kingdom Park
French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant at Magic Kingdom Park
Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Peanut Butter Playdough at Coral Reef Restaurant at EPCOT
Crystal Palace Adobo Pulled Pork at The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom Park