Serves 6 to 8
THREE CHEESE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 leek, finely diced
- 3 cups Chardonnay
- 5 stalks fresh tarragon, leaves reserved for garnish
- 6 cups of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère
- 1/1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 8 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- 1-pound box rigatoni, cooked al dente
FOR THREE CHEESE SAUCE:
- Melt butter in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat; add shallots, fennel, celery, and leeks, and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the Chardonnay and tarragon stalks, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until reduced by 3/4. Add the cream and simmer for about 10 minutes or until reduced by 1/3.
- Strain sauce through a sieve into a 2-quart saucepan. Return to stove over medium heat. Mix butter and flour in small bowl; stir into cream sauce and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes to thicken.
- Add Gruyère, cheddar, and Parmesan and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, or until it reaches a consistency of a thick cream. (Sauce thickens more as it cools.)
- Cut lobster into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat wine in medium saucepan with steamer insert, over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat so that wine simmers; add lobster to steamer basket, cover and cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until lobster changes from translucent to white; remove from heat, setting aside 1/4 cup for garnish.
FOR PARMESAN CRISPS:
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Place 1 tablespoon Parmesan on baking sheet lined with parchment paper; lightly shape into an oval. Repeat with remaining cheese, spacing about 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool.
- Cut tarragon leaves into thin strips. Stir together rigatoni and cheese sauce, coating evenly. Fold in lobster, reserving 1/4 cup for garnish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with tarragon, lobster, and Parmesan crisps; serve immediately.
As D23: The Official Disney Fan Club continues to celebrate 65 Years of the Disney Theme Park, we’ll be sharing more delicious recipes from the vault over the next few weeks. Some include:
Stilton Cheesecake at Victoria & Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Tuna Burgers at Captain Hook’s Galley at Disneyland Park
Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes at Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
French Toast with Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant Magic Kingdom Park
Chocolate Soda at Plaza Restaurant Magic Kingdom Park