When Disney fans decide to show their love for Disney by creating their own costumes for Mousequerade, their imagination might take them to any of Disney’s many wonderful worlds:
A princess’ yellow ball gown, finished with ruffles and matching satin gloves…
The flouncy shirt of a pirate—perhaps of the Caribbean, perhaps with a hook…
The simple hood of a Jedi knight, or the imposing dark cape of a Disney villain, paired with the horns of Maleficent, the crisp white collar of an Evil Queen, or the sleek, impenetrable helmet of Darth Vader.
Who knows what the finalists will be wearing this year?
In this one-of-a-kind event, taking place Friday, August 14 at D23 EXPO 2015, 15 participants in each of the following five categories will dazzle the crowd in Stage 23 with the original costume designs they have brought to life:
- Heroes Unmasked: Disney and Marvel’s finest.
- Once Upon a Costume: The magic of Disney fairy tales
- The Wonderful Worlds of Disney: Everything Disney from theme parks and movies to television, music, and beyond—past and present
- Weird, Wild, and Goofy!: The most outlandish and creative, inspired by Disney
- Best of Star Wars: Costumes from a galaxy far, far away
The winner of Mousequerade will receive a trip for two to Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Online submissions for Mousequerade have ended, but visit D23EXPO.com for updates and information on this and the other magical events coming to D23 EXPO 2015—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—August 14–16 at the Anaheim Convention Center.