This tasty treat is almost too pretty to eat! Enjoy these colorful cookies inspired by the stained glass windows from Beauty and the Beast.
Ingredients and Materials
- Sugar or shortbread cookies (store-bought or prepared according to your favorite recipe) at least 3 inches wide
- White royal icing
- Edible rice paper (available online or at baking supply stores)
- Our stained-glass rose cookie template, printed on regular 8 1/2” x 11” copy paper (Click here to download)
- Black food coloring marker
- Black royal icing in a piping bag with a fine tip
- Clear piping gel
- Gel food coloring—red, green, and blue
1. Flood a cookie with white royal icing and let dry.
2. Place rice paper over our stained-glass rose cookie template and trace over the black-and-white rose line art with black food coloring marker.
3. Cut out the rose art from the rice paper, then place rice paper on top of a cookie.
4. Trace over the black lines with black royal icing and let dry.
5. Divide clear piping gel into three batches. You will color one batch red, another green, and the other one blue. Put gel food coloring into clear piping gel one drop at a time, mixing after each drop, until piping gel is desired shade.
6. Using the colored stained-glass rose image in the cookie template as reference, fill in the cookie with the colored piping gel accordingly.