By Beth Deitchman
When you imagine your own Star Wars adventure, are you wielding your very own customized lightsaber? Is a droid by your side—the BB-8 to your Rey, or the R2 to your Luke? Is there a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard perched on your shoulder? These iconic elements from a galaxy far, far away are no longer constrained to your imagination—they’re part of your reality at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, where the merchandise available in the new land plays a vital role in the storytelling within the land.
The Disney Parks product development team worked with the project team throughout the land’s creation to deliver unique merchandise that expands the fun of playing on Batuu. When Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland park on May 31 and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on August 29, guests will enjoy new story-driven retail experiences that enable them to construct their own lightsabers or build a droid—in incredibly detailed, immersive environments.
Here is some of the merchandise that will be available in the groundbreaking new land:
Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers
This is one-stop shopping for a hand-built lightsaber that can be customized as guests choose the paths they will follow. Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers is packed with unusual parts and whimsical pieces collected from the far reaches of the galaxy. A group known as the Gatherers first ushers guests into the covert space, then guides them in the construction of one-of-a-kind lightsabers that will be brought to life through the power of kyber crystals.
Four lightsaber themes will be available to guests:
- Peace and Justice: Utilize salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs that honor the galaxy’s former guardians.
- Power and Control: Originally forged by warriors from the dark side, objects used in this lightsaber style are rumored remnants from the Sith home world and abandoned temples.
- Elemental Nature: Craft a lightsaber from special components born from the Force, such as Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones, or Rancor teeth.
- Protection and Defense: Incorporate hilt materials bearing mysterious motifs and inscriptions that reconnect a lightsaber’s wielder with the ancient wellspring of the Force.
These are most definitely the droids you are looking for. When you enter this workshop, you’ll discover stacks of parts, chips, and manuals—everything that you need to begin to construct the droid that will undoubtedly become your own indispensable sidekick. You have the option to choose from either the BB-series or R-series astromech.
In Droid Depot, droid parts come and go on conveyor belts, providing a range of options to include in your own unit. You’ll also have the option to further customize your droid with personality-affiliation chips, color panels, and more accessories. Once you’ve built your droid, you can place it in an activation station where it comes to life and will be able to interact with other astromech droids, as well as certain other Bluetooth-enabled elements and devices throughout Black Spire Outpost.
Of course, if you want even more droids in your life—and who doesn’t?—Droid Depot also offers prebuild droids, housewares, and apparel, all inspired by the design, engineering, and building of droids, including:
- Premium Droid Action Figures: R2-D2, BB-8, DJ R-3X, and C-3P0 are among the hero-scale droids, loaded with interactive functionality, that are available at Droid Depot. Our new favorite master of music, DJ R-3X, is both a fully functional remote-control droid and Bluetooth-enabled speaker, with classic DJ sound effects.
- Color-Changing Droids Figure Packs and Play Set: These droids are built to classic 3 ¾ scale and are ready to go undercover in Black Spire Outpost.
- Droid Light-Up R2-D2 or BB-8 Headbands: Beloved Star Wars characters inspire these motion-activated dome headbands that respond with lights and sound.
- Droid Depot Work Shirts and Apparel: Droid fans of all ages will want to add these items to their wardrobes.
Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
If you’re in search of the most mysterious and unique artifacts the galaxy has to offer, then you have come to the right place. The Ithorian Dok-Ondar is as mysterious and as unique as his collection, and he has made quite the variety of items available to guests:
- Legacy Lightsabers: These are elegant weapons from another, more civilized time—the weapon of choice for both Jedi and Sith alike. Dok-Ondar has amassed a collection of replicas of some of the most famous—or infamous—warriors in the galaxy’s history, including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul.
- Lightsaber Accessories: Everything you need to have alongside your lightsaber, from clips and carrier bags to display stands for when your lightsaber is not in use.
- Kyber Crystals: They are at the heart of every lightsaber and are attuned to the Force. An array of colors are available at Dok-Ondar’s, including blue, green, purple, red, yellow, and white.
- Holocrons: Looking for stores of valuable information about the galaxy and the Force? Then you’ll want to acquire a Holocron. Pair one with kyber crystals to unlock and access this coveted data.
Stop by this exotic market stall to discover some of the galaxy’s most exotic creatures and critters. The stall’s proprietor, Bina, has stocked the storefront with unique companions for guests, including:
- Kowakian Money-Lizard: A cackling and rambunctious creature who can sit on your shoulder throughout all of your intergalactic adventures.
- Porg: This creature has traveled all the way from the cliffs of Ahch-To to Black Spire Outpost, where it chirps and flaps its wings… compelling you to bring the adorable avian home with you.
- Loth-cat: This temperamental member of the tooka family hails from Lothal. Sometimes friendly and always a capable hunter with sharp teeth, this feline is small but spirited.
Black Spire Outfitters
Outfit yourself for all means of galactic adventure at this colorful apparel shop that carries a stellar selection of robes inspired by those worn by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, tunics that you may choose to wear under them, and belts—the perfect accessories for wearing a lightsaber hilt. Items at Black Spire Outfitters are sized for all, from youth through adult.
The busy toymaker Zabaka has assembled an exciting collection of handcrafted toys and collectibles for guests to bring home. The whimsical shop features:
- Artisan Plush Characters: Look for some of the most famous icons of the galaxy—including Yoda, Chewbacca, Ewoks, and more—brought to life through stylized plush.
- Games: Cards of Sabacc… Dejarik… Chance Cubes… Your family game night gains an intergalactic twist, thanks to Zabaka.
- Vehicles: Iconic vessels of the galaxy have been crafted in materials such as wood and metal.
Jewels of Bith
Offering both local goods and tiny treasures, there’s something for everyone at this destination, including:
- Batuuan Cooling Fan: The moisture vaporators of Tatooine have inspired this hand-held fan, which provides welcome refreshment on Batuu’s hotter days.
- Gifts of Batuu and Black Spire Outpost: The sights and graphics of the remote planet and its most heavily populated village can be spotted on apparel and drinkware that commemorate your journey to this incredible land.
First Order Cargo
They’re here… The First Order has recently come to Black Spire Outpost, where they’re hoping to win the hearts and minds of locals and tourists alike. Explore the dark side at their post, where you can find:
- Accessories: Caps, pins, patches, and other gear that’s branded to the First Order.
- Toys and Vehicles: Models and metal replicas of the First Order.
This makeshift post has been secretly set up by members of the Resistance. Don’t tell the First Order, but guests can make their way to Resistance Supply to stock up on essential gear and supplies to prepare for their next mission. Among the Resistance-branded goods are:
- Accessories: Caps, pins, patches, and other gear.
- Toys and Vehicles: Models and metal replicas of the Resistance fleet.
- Resistance MRE (Meals Ready to Eat): On-the-go snacks for Resistance fighters.
Find out more about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the links below:
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Invites Guests to Be Heroes of Their Own Adventures in New ‘Living Land’
Step Aboard Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
How to Taste Your Way Through Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Creatures, Droids, and Aliens: Meet the Fantastical Figures of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
7 Surprising Stats and Fascinating Facts from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and All Its Starships and Speeders
Don’t Miss These 10 Experiences in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
Hidden Gems and Attention to Detail Create Authenticity in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge