Express yourself with these “emotional” fruit skewers! As you assemble them by color, play a word game to share a related feeling—alternating the yellow fruits for Joy, blue for Sadness, green for Disgust, red for Anger, and purple for Fear. It’s a fun and fresh way for the whole family to share the fruity deliciousness inside everybody’s head!
- Yellow fruit: pineapples or bananas
- Blue fruit: blueberries
- Green fruit: honeydew melon or green grapes
- Red fruit: watermelon, strawberries, or raspberries
- Purple fruit: purple grapes
- Choose one fruit to represent each character: pineapples or bananas for Joy, blueberries for Sadness, honeydew melons or green grapes for Disgust, watermelon, strawberries, or raspberries for Anger; and purple grapes for Fear.
- Cut fruit into one-inch cubes, except for grapes and berries which can be served as they are.
- String one fruit of each color onto the skewer in any order you wish.
- Repeat step 3 until you have as many fruit skewers as you need.