Do you want to eat a snowman? Though they’re made with melted caramel, the only place these delicious candy apples will melt is in your mouth—even in summer!
- Your favorite kind of apple–any kind will do (the rounder the better)
- 1 bag caramel bits
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips plus a handful more for Olaf’s eyes
- Candy corn or cone-shaped corn chips
- Fruit-flavored gummies
- Lollipop stick (we recommend using one at least eight inches long)
- Plastic squeeze bottle (optional)
- Rinse and thoroughly dry apple, then insert an eight-inch lollipop stick into the stem end of it.
- Prepare caramel bits according to package until melted.
- Dip apple into melted caramel until evenly coated. Spoon caramel over apple if necessary, making sure to allow excess caramel to drip off.
- Scrape caramel off bottom of apple, then set apple on a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for at least one hour. Once caramel has set, take apple out of refrigerator.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, dip caramel-covered-apple into white chocolate until evenly coated. Spoon white chocolate over apple if necessary, making sure to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Scrape white chocolate off bottom of apple, then set apple on a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for at least one hour. Once white chocolate has set, take apple out of refrigerator.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, dip pieces of fruit-flavored gummies in milk chocolate and lay onto a wax-paper-covered plate and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Set aside.
Use remaining melted milk chocolate as “glue” to stick on two large chocolate chips on the apple for Olaf’s eyes, a piece of candy corn for Olaf’s nose, and chocolate-covered gummies in front of the lollipop stick for Olaf’s hair, and to draw the rest of Olaf’s features—eyebrows, smile, and tooth. We suggest placing melted chocolate in a plastic squeeze bottle or a re-sealable sandwich bag for drawing Olaf’s features.