Enjoy this deliciously amazing recipe from our friends at Disney Family! Find recipes, crafts, and more at DisneyFamily.com.
It’s no secret that fans of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas love Jack Skellington’s faithful sidekick, Zero. We’re celebrating the spookiest time of year with a treat you can enjoy from now through winter—Zero Marshmallows. We think they make perfect treats on their own and even cuter toppings for your hot chocolate.
Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas is now available on Digital, Movies Anywhere, and Blu-ray (including a Sing-Along Edition!).
1/3 cup corn flour
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup + 4 tablespoons water
1 1/3 tablespoons gelatin powder
1/4 cup egg white
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup corn syrup
Piping bag and tip
Melted chocolate or food marker
Round orange sprinkles
Store-bought pink marshmallows
All cutting and stovetop use should be done by an adult.
1. Sift corn flour and 1/3 cup powdered sugar together. Spread on a parchment paper-lined tray, set aside.
2. Add 4 tablespoons water to gelatin powder. Set aside to swell.
3. Add 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to egg white, beat until peaks are formed. Add in lemon juice and set aside. Don’t remove from mixer.
4. Add 2/3 cup powdered sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup of water to a pot. Cook and keep stirring until the temperature reaches 245° F.
5. Remove from stove and add in gelatin mixture from step 2. Mix until there are no lumps.
6. Add the mixture from step
7. Pipe out the mixture into the shape of Zero onto the prepared tray from step 1. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
8. Use melted chocolate or food marker to draw on Zero’s eyes and mouth.
9. Dot on a little melted chocolate and stick an orange sprinkle to the marshmallow by Zero’s nose.
10. Cut out Zero’s collar from pink marshmallows and attach.