Enjoy these mouth-watering ultimate double chocolate cookies straight from Ghirardelli.
Yield: 24 cookies
- 12 ounce(s) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 ounce(s) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 cup(s) chopped walnuts
1. In double boiler over hot water, melt bittersweet chocolate chips and butter.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs and sugar until thick; stir into chocolate mixture.
3. In small bowl, stir together flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture. Gently mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Using a sheet of plastic wrap, form dough into two logs, each 2 inches in diameter and about 12 inches long.
5. As dough will be quite soft, use plastic wrap to hold dough in log shape. Wrap tightly; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
6. Heat oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough; with sharp knife, cut into 3/4-inch slices.
7. Place slices 1 1/2 inches apart on greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until shiny crust forms on top but interior is still soft. Cool on baking sheet; store in airtight tin up to 1 week.