Though they’re as gamma-green as Bruce Banner and Jennifer Walters in their Hulk forms, you won’t need any help at all to SMASH up these easy mashed potatoes into a creamy, delicious bowl full of dinnertime deliciousness.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Green food coloring
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes and place in a large pot. Submerge the potatoes completely in water and put in enough salt until the water tastes fairly salty. Bring water to a boil then lower the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until potatoes break apart easily.
- In a small saucepan, cook milk and butter over low heat until butter melts. Remove immediately from heat and set aside.
- Once potatoes are done, drain in a colander and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes by hand until desired texture is achieved. Slowly whisk in milk-and-butter mixture. Add garlic salt, sour cream, and black pepper, and use a whisk to combine.
Mix in green food coloring one drop at a time until mashed potatoes are just the right shade of Incredible Hulk green.