By D23 Team
This March, Marvel Studios’ epic new adventure Captain Marvel flies into theaters, and Disney twenty-three was on set during production. This groundbreaking new movie explores the origin story of Carol Danvers, and stars Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson give us the behind-the-scenes details about making the film, plus the charming story of how they have become good friends. Can’t get enough of Captain Marvel? Every copy of Disney twenty-three, which is delivered to Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, will include an exclusive poster highlighting 10 amazing characters moviegoers will meet when the film opens in March.
The Marvel sneak peeks don’t stop there! Fans have been waiting with bated breath for any details on Avengers: Endgame, and D23 has the scoop from directors Anthony and Joe Russo themselves on what fans can expect in the follow-up to last year’s smash hit, Avengers: Infinity War. Marvel Studios’ executive vice president of production, Victoria Alonso, opens the doors to her impressive office. Author Lorraine Cink gives a preview of some of the 65 powerful women celebrated in her colorful and very funny new book, Marvel Powers of a Girl. And fans will shrink down to explore the new attraction Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!, a pulse-quickening adventure that will have the titular heroes—and guests at Hong Kong Disneyland—facing off against the powers of the wicked agents of Hydra.
Also this March, Tim Burton reimagines Dumbo with a dazzling, live-action tale that opens up the magical world of the animated classic in thrilling ways. In exclusive interviews, Burton and stars Colin Farrell and Danny DeVito reveal what it took to bring this enchanting tale to life—and we finally find out what happens after the title character’s famous first flight.
And in celebration of D23’s 10th anniversary, the back cover of the publication features a “10 FAN-tastic Years” patch, exclusively for D23 Gold Members.
Also included in the Spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- We get the sitch from the stars of Disney Channel’s Kim Possible live-action movie on accomplishing their Vancouver “bucket list” and celebrating the original animated series
- A fond look back at Walt Disney World Resort’s Dumbo’s Circus Parade
- Disneynature’s icebreaking new feature, Penguins, which follows a first-time father’s hilarious and heartfelt adventures
- Raven-Symoné reflects on the totally stellar 20th anniversary of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century
- An exploration of Walt Disney’s revolutionary Alice Comedies, which blended animation and live-action in innovative new ways
- Every big Disney Parks announcement from D23’s Destination D event—from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge news to a first look at the Disney Skyliner
- Regular features including By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in mid-February.