Fall under the spell of these enchanted rose pastries! Your sweetheart—or your Pal-entine—is sure to enjoy this delicious dessert. Make a whole evening out of it by watching Beauty and the Beast on Disney+!
- 2 large red apples
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 lemon
- A pinch of flour
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets as directed (about 30 mins at room temperature). Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with a non-stick spray.
- Cut the lemon in half, and add the juice from half to a microwave-safe bowl. Fill the bowl about halfway with water.
- Cut each apple in half and remove the core. Slice each apple half into thin slice, about a half centimeter thick. Place the slices in the bowl of water and lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
- Once the apples are fully sliced, microwave in the water for 2-5 minutes, until softened and able to bend without breaking. Strain the apple slices and set aside.
- Unfold the thawed pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2-inch-wide strips.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
- Using a butter knife or pastry brush, smooth a thin layer of butter on top of each pastry strip. Spread a spoonful of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top in an even layer.
- Begin placing the softened apple slices along the top edge of the pastry, overlapping each slice slightly. Once the entire top edge is covered in apple slices, fold the bottom of the pastry sheet up over the bottom of the slices.
- Starting at one end, begin rolling the apple-filled pastry. Once done, you should have a beautiful rose shape!
- Place each rose in its own indent in the muffin tin, then place in the refrigerator while the oven preheats. Preheat the oven to 375° F, then bake the pastries for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Gently remove each pastry before allowing to cool, so as to prevent sticking.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Click here to see more of our dessert recipes.