This treat from Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort has left the menu—but it’s not forgotten! The recipe is from Starring Rolls Café, which opened with the park on May 1, 1989, and remained a popular quick-service stop until 2017. The café was known for its inviting pastry case of morning treats and individual-sized desserts, and some guests also recall its intimate outdoor patio area with umbrella-covered tables that offered a quiet spot to plan the day or take a lunch break. Now this fondly remembered dessert is featured in The Official Disney Parks Cookbook: 101 Magical Recipes from the Delicious Disney Series by Pam Brandon & the Disney Chefs.
MAKES ONE 9-INCH PIE
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Stir together butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Firmly press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk and key lime juice in a medium bowl. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and stir to combine.
- Slowly pour filling into crust. Bake at 10 minutes or until set.
- Refrigerate at least three hours before serving.
Always use caution when handling sharp objects and hot contents. Please supervise children who are helping or nearby.
This recipe has been converted from a larger quantity in the restaurant kitchens. The flavor profile may vary from the restaurant’s version.