Celebrate D23 Member Appreciation Week with this magical drink that transforms before your eyes! See how the drink transforms from pink and blue to purple with just a stir.
- 52 oz jug of lemonade
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tbsp butterfly pea tea flowers
- 6 round strawberries (for garnish)
- 1 tsp edible glitter (optional)
Step 1: Prepare the butterfly pea tea
- Boil about 4 cups of water in a kettle or saucepan. Add the butterfly pea tea flowers and brew for 5 minutes. Strain to remove the tea flowers and set aside to cool.
Step 2: Make the strawberry lemonade
- In a blender or food processor, blend the 2 cups strawberries until smooth. Strain the mixture to remove the seeds and any large pieces of pulp.
- Add the strawberry puree to the lemonade and mix until combined.
- If desired, add the edible glitter and again mix until combined.
Step 5: Assemble
- Fill 6 glasses with ice. Pour in the strawberry lemonade, leaving about an inch of space at the top of each glass.
- Top each glass with the blue butterfly pea tea. In order to create a clean separation of the liquids, pour the tea onto a spoon held over the glass, instead of directly into the glass itself.
- To create the Mickey-shaped garnish, slice each of the remaining strawberries into 1-cm wide round slices. Use a toothpick to attach two smaller slices onto a larger slice, creating the Mickey Mouse silhouette. Place one on the rim of each glass.
- To see the magical color change, stir each glass to combine the lemonade and the tea, creating a vibrant violet color!