D23 HALLOWEEN MOUSEQUERADE COSTUME CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- SPONSOR: Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. dba D23 Worldwide, 1310 Air Way, Suite 127, Glendale, CA 91202 is solely responsible for all aspects of this skill-based contest (“Contest“).
- ADMINISTRATOR (“Administrator”): Prize Logic LLC, 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must : [a] be eighteen (18) years of age or older or the age of majority in your state of primary residence, whichever is older; [b] be a legal resident of, and physically residing in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (“Territory“); [c] be a D23 General Member or above (as defined below); and [d] not be an employee of the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or their respective advertising, promotion or fulfillment agencies involved in this Contest (collectively, “Contest Entities“), nor a household member or immediate family member of such employee. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. “Household member” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. “Immediate family member” shall mean parents, step-parents, grandparents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live.
- CONTEST PERIOD: This Contest begins at 12:00 AM PT, September 17, 2020, and ends at 11:59 PM PT, October 30, 2020 (“Contest Period“). Photo Entries (as defined below) must be submitted during the period commencing at 12:00 AM PT, September 17, 2020, and ending at 11:59 PM PT, October 1, 2020 (“Photo Entry Period“). If selected as a Semi-Finalist (as defined below), Video Entries (as defined below) must be submitted during the period commencing at 9:00 AM PT, October 13, 2020, and ending at 9:00 AM PT, October 20, 2020 (“Video Entry Period”). For purposes of these Rules, all times and days are Pacific Time (“PT”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest, and the awarding of any prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth in these Rules. Certain dates and times set forth in these Rules are dependent on final dates and times of the virtual D23 Halloween Mousequerade event and subject to change. In the event of any change, notice of the revised date or time will be communicated on the Website (as defined below) and to the Finalists (as defined below).
- HOW TO ENTER:
Phase 1/Photo Entry Phase: During the Photo Entry Period, to enter the Contest a contestant (“Contestant”) must:
[a] Take one (1) to three (3) photographs (“Photo(s)”) dressed in an original costume (the “Costume”) inspired by the theme of “All Things Disney”. Costumes should be inspired by the fantastic worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars, from movies and TV to Disney Parks attractions and other Disney properties (“Theme”). Costumes should be made by Contestants from original household materials. Use of materials from officially licensed Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, or Marvel merchandise, commercially available costumes or third party professional sources is strongly discouraged and will not improve the judging of your entry, which will be evaluated solely in accordance with the Photo Judging Criteria, Video Judging Criteria and D23 Halloween Mousequerade Judging Criteria (as applicable) set forth below.
[b] Complete the entry form (“Entry Form”) found at D23.com/mousequerade (the “Website”), including your name, telephone number, email address, Costume title, and a description of the character, movie, TV show, attraction or other property that inspired the Costume (such description must not exceed 150 characters).
[c] Upload/attach your Photo(s). Each Photo must be 10 MB or less file size and in one of the following file formats: .jpg, .png, or .pdf.
[d] Verify or edit your Entry Form registration information to ensure it is correct and submit it.
Submitted Entry Form and attached Photo(s) are referred to herein individually as a “Photo Entry” and collectively as “Photo Entries”.
Photo Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PT on October 1, 2020.
Incomplete Photo Entries or Photo Entries that otherwise do not comply with these Rules or TOU may be disqualified. See Section 9[u] below for more details about the use of Disney intellectual property (“Disney IP”). Photo Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor if you change your email address (“Address”) or telephone number (“Telephone Number”).
By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms of these Rules and/or the TOU, the terms of these Rules shall govern.
Phase 2/Semi-Finalist Selection: Sponsor’s appointed panel of judges, as selected by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion, will score the eligible Photo Entries to select up to twenty-five (25) semi-finalists (“Semi-Finalists”) to submit Video Entries based on the following judging criteria (“Photo Judging Criteria”), weighted equally: [a] quality of Costume, [b] craftsmanship of Costume, [c] originality of Costume, [d] use of materials in Costume and [e] relevance to the Theme.
TIED PHOTO ENTRIES: In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the judges based on originality of the Costume. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding and not subject to appeal.
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than twenty-five (25) Semi-Finalists if fewer than twenty-five (25) Photo Entries of sufficient quality are received.
SEMI-FINALIST NOTIFICATION: The potential Semi-Finalists will be notified by email and telephone on or about October 7, 2020 (“Semi-Finalist Notification”), and additional paperwork described below will be requested. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification and the selection of an alternate Semi-Finalist may result from any of the following, without limitation: [a] a potential Semi-Finalist’s failure to respond to Semi-Finalist Notification within forty-eight (48) hours after its transmission; [b] the return of an email notification as undeliverable or Telephone Number as unreachable after three (3) attempts; [c] a potential Semi-Finalist’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency; [d] a potential Semi-Finalist’s failure to execute and return all Sponsor-requested documents including, without limitation, an affidavit/grant of rights/release of liability/publicity release (collectively, “Semi-Finalist Documents“) electronically within forty-eight hours after transmission of the Semi-Finalist Notification in accordance with instructions stated in such notification; [e] any other non-compliance with these Rules or the TOU. In the event of a disqualification or forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select or not select, an alternate Semi-Finalist, Finalist and/or Winner as applicable.
VIDEO ENTRY: During the Video Entry Period, Semi-Finalists must upload a video no more than one (1) minute in duration of themselves in Costume (individually, “Video Entry” and collectively, “Video Entries”) to a website as instructed by the Administrator. Each Video Entry must:
[a] Reflect the Costume depicted in the Photo(s) in Semi-Finalist’s Photo Entry.
[b] Be no more than one (1) minute in duration, and in one of the following file formats: .MOV or .MP4. Video should be recorded in landscape/horizontally/wide format.
[c] Follow instructions given to the Contestant in the Semi-Finalist notification email. Semi-Finalists will be asked to include the following in their Video Entry: state their name and description of their costume (including materials used) and an explanation of the Disney inspiration behind their costume. Semi-Finalists will also be asked to showcase their costume.
[d] NOT contain any music, or add any graphics or special effects to the video, and make sure the background does not contain any copyrighted works (such as logos, artwork, etc).
[e] Visually showcase the entirety of the Costume, top-to-bottom, front-and-back. Make sure the costume is clearly lit and visible and avoid backlight (i.e., standing with a bright window to your back) as this can make it difficult to see the costume. If there are fine details the Contestant would like to show off, then please be sure to capture a close-up of those elements.
If selected as a Semi-Finalist, Video Entries must be submitted by 9:00 AM PT, October 20, 2020.
Phase 3/Finalist Selection: Sponsor’s appointed panel of judges, as selected by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion, will score the eligible Video Entries to select up to ten (10) finalists (“Finalists”) based on the following judging criteria (“Video Judging Criteria”), weighted equally: [a] quality of Costume, [b] craftsmanship of Costume, [c] originality of Costume, [d] use of materials in Costume, and [e] showmanship.
TIED VIDEO ENTRIES: In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the judges based on originality of Costume. The decision of the judges shall be final and binding and not subject to appeal.
Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than ten (10) Finalists if fewer than ten (10) Video Entries of sufficient quality are received.
Phase 4/Winner Selection: On or about October 23, 2020, Sponsor’s appointed panel of judges (“D23 Halloween Mousequerade Judges”), as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will score the Finalists’ Video Entries and Photo Entries to choose one (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”), one (1) first runner up (“First Runner Up”), and one (1) second runner up (“Second Runner Up”) based on the following judging criteria (“D23 Halloween Mousequerade Judging Criteria”), weighted equally: [a] quality of Costume, [b] craftsmanship of Costume, [c] originality of Costume, [d] use of materials in Costume, and [e] showmanship.
Grand Prize Winner together with the First Runner Up and Second Runner Up are collectively, the “Winners” and each a “Winner”.
Contestants’ Entry Material (as defined below) may be shown in the virtual D23 Halloween Mousequerade event video presentation.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be announced during the virtual D23 Halloween Mousequerade event video presentation that will stream on D23.com, D23’s Facebook page at facebook.com/disneyd23 and D23’s YouTube channel at youtube.com/disneyd23 on or around October 31, 2020. Winners will also be notified by email and telephone on or about November 6, 2020 (“Winner Notification”), and must respond to the Winner Notification within forty-eight (48) hours from sent date. In the event of any Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award a forfeited Prize to an alternate Winner.
TIED ENTRIES: In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the D23 Halloween Mousequerade Judges based on the originality of Costume. The decisions of the D23 Halloween Mousequerade Judges shall be final and binding and not subject to appeal.
Entry Material (as defined below) will not be returned and become the property of the Sponsor.
ADDITIONAL CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All Photo(s), Photo Entries and Videos Entries must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
- The Photo Entry, Photo(s), Costume and Video Entry, and all the information, materials and documents submitted in connection with each (collectively “Entry Material”) must be authorized. This means that you must have the legal right and any and all permissions necessary to submit the Photo Entry and Video Entry to the Contest and participate in the Contest. By submitting a Photo Entry and, if applicable, a Video Entry, you hereby represent that you have all rights necessary to distribute the Entry Material through the email, mail, Website or any other website and to grant to Sponsor the rights set forth in Section 9[t] below.
- With the exception of any Disney IP you might use, the Entry Material must be your original work and must not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property right of any person or entity.
- The Entry Material must not, as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in their sole discretion: (1) contain any inappropriate content including but not limited to material that is (or promotes activities that are) abusive, harassing, threatening, an invasion of a right of privacy of another person, bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, harmful or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable; and (2) contain material that is (or promote activities that are) illegal or encourage or advocate illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them (including representations or attempts to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, underage drinking, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, computer hacking, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity) or are otherwise unlawful. The Entry Material must not violate these Rules or the TOU.
- The Entry Material must not disparage the Contest Entities.
- With the exception of any Disney IP you use in your Entry Material, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are the sole and exclusive creator and owner of the Entry Material, and all rights thereto; (ii) you have the full and exclusive right, power and authority to submit the Entry Material to Sponsor upon the terms and conditions set forth herein; (iii) the Entry Material has not been previously published nor has it received any previous awards and/or prizes; (iv) no rights in the Entry Material have previously been granted to any person, firm, corporation or other entity or otherwise exercised or exploited; and (v) the full use of the Entry Material or any part thereof will not in any way violate or infringe upon any copyright (statutory or otherwise), constitute a libel or defamation of or an invasion of the rights of privacy or publicity of, or otherwise violate or infringe upon any other personal, property or other rights of any person, firm, corporation or other entity or subject Sponsor to any costs or liability of any kind or nature whatsoever.
- Any Entry Material that fails to meet Sponsor’s specifications may be disqualified. All Entry Material must be received within the period specified in these Rules and any Entry Material received after the applicable period set forth in these Rules will be disqualified. Contestant may submit only one (1) Photo Entry or, if selected as a Semi-Finalist, Video Entry (together referred to in this paragraph as an “Entry”). If you attempt or are suspected of attempting (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) to circumvent this limitation by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple email accounts, you may be disqualified from the Contest. In the event that the same Entry is received from more than one (1) Contestant, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the first Contestant from whom the Entry was received. Proof of submitting an Entry does not constitute proof of receipt or entry into the Contest.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY: If the Sponsor believes that the Entry Material does not comply with the TOU or these Rules or that the Entry Material potentially or actually infringes upon the copyright, or other rights of any third party, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry Material at any time. In the event that a Winner is disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and may or may not, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be awarded to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible Finalists, time permitting.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Disney Gift Card for $500 (“Grand Prize”). ARV: $500.
One (1) First Runner Up Prize: One (1) First Runner Up will receive a Disney Gift card for $250 (“First Runner Up Prize”). ARV: $250.
One (1) Second Runner Up Prize: One (1) Second Runner Up will receive a Disney Gift Card for $100 (“Second Runner Up Prize”). ARV: $100.
“Grand Prize”, “First Runner Up Prize” and “Second Runner Up Prize” referred to collectively herein as “Prize(s)” and each as a “Prize”.
Total ARV of all Prizes: $850.00
Disney Gift Cards are subject to additional terms at https://disneygiftcard.com/.
Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen Prize elements. If the actual value of a Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of Prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Prize elements may not be separated. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All Prizes will be awarded provided they are validly claimed by November 15, 2020, after which no alternate Winners will be selected and no unclaimed Prize will be awarded. All federal, state and local taxes on Prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner.
Limit: one (1) Prize per person.
- GOVERNING LAW; ARBITRATION, JURISDICTION: All issues and questions of your rights and obligations in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the borough of Manhattan. Any legal controversy or legal claim arising out of or relating to these Rules or this Contest, shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the terms set forth in the TOU.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Winners, email email@example.com referencing “D23 Halloween Mousequerade Costume Contest Winners’ List”. Requests must be received no later than November 30, 2020.
All trademarks are the property of the trademark owner.