D23 PRESENTS THE MAGICAL 50TH CELEBRATION SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
The D23 Presents the Magical 50th Celebration Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., dba D23 Worldwide (“Sponsor”), 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC, (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on July 17, 2021 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 2, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the Sweepstakes official clock.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, an entrant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Entrants will not be allowed to change their physical address or e-mail address.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant may visit https://d23.com/entry/d23-magical-50th-celebration-sweepstakes/ (“Website”) and complete and submit the registration form including, but not limited to: his/her first and complete last name (no initials), valid e-mail address, phone number, street address (no P.O. Boxes will be allowed), city, state, and zip code. Upon the successful submission of the registration information, an entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
ENTRY LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same person, telephone number and/or e-mail address the entries may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Entrants are prohibited from using more than one (1) e-mail address or multiple identities. If it is found or suspected that an entrant is using more than one e-mail address or multiple identities to participate in the Sweepstakes, then that entrant, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may not be eligible to win a prize. A “day” is defined as starting at 12:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET on a calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply if an Entrant enters this SWEEPSTAKES on his/her mobile device. Not all mobile telephone/wireless providers carry the service necessary to participate in thESE SWEEPSTAKES. Entrants should consult their wireless provider’s pricing plans. Mobile entry is not required to enter or win A prize in THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or around August 3, 2021, the Administrator will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received. The winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZE, approximate retail value (“ARV”), and odds of winning:
- PRIZE (1): The prize is a trip for two (2) to Walt Disney World® Resort (“Prize”) to consist of the following: round-trip coach class air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence to the Orlando International Airport, provided, however, if the winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, air transportation will not be provided; round-trip ground transportation between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort, provided, however, if the winner resides within 250 miles of the Walt Disney World® Resort, ground transportation will not be provided; room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room for five (5) consecutive nights at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; one (1) welcome basket in hotel room at the Walt Disney World® Resort for the winner only; two (2) 6-Day Tickets with Park Hopper® Option; one (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $500.00 for the winner only (subject to restrictions); and one (1) Memory Maker product which includes unlimited Disney PhotoPass® Service photos, including those taken at select attractions and dining locations. Winner’s guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. If the winner elects to travel or partake in the Prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the winner. Trip must be taken between September 28, 2021 and October 3, 2021 or Prize will be forfeited. Winner and guestmust travel on the same itinerary. The actual value of the trip may vary depending on point of departure and fluctuations in the cost of air transportation. Any difference between the estimated ARV and the actual value of the Prize will not be awarded. If winner resides within a 250-mile radius of destination, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be provided for any difference in Prize value. Travel dates are subject to availability; blockout dates and other restrictions may apply. Winner and guest are responsible for having valid travel documents including government identification and/or passports. Winner is responsible for all travel expenses not included herein, including airline baggage fees, gratuities, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, tips, service charges, taxes, and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in the Prize. Travel must be booked at least seven (7) days in advance. Guest of winner must sign and return a travel liability release before travel will be booked. Winner and his or her guest hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the trip. To visit the theme parks, theme park reservations via the Disney Park Pass system AND valid admission are required for the same theme park on the same date for each person. Reservations are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until a reservation is finalized. A park reservation must be made for each day of entry. The Park Hopper® option allows guests to visit more than one park per day, with some restrictions. Before taking the trip, please see https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/ for important details. Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Any damage to the room will be the responsibility of the winner. Sponsor bears no responsibility if any event, element or detail of the Prize is canceled, postponed or becomes unavailable for any reason. Should any event, element or detail of the Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to the winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the Prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail. No more than one (1) Prize will be available in the Sweepstakes. The ARV of the Prize is $5,226.94.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General Conditions: There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person. In no event will more than one (1) Prize, be awarded. Disney, its parent, related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Sweepstakes.
The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, Disney store locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, shopDisney.com <http://shopdisney.com/>, DisneyPhotoPass, Adventures by Disney®, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, and Disney’s Beach Resorts. It cannot be used toward the purchase of a Disney Vacation Club Membership. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com <http://disneygiftcard.com/> for complete terms and conditions. Additional restrictions may apply.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. After the random drawing, Administrator will notify the potential winner via e-mail at the e-mail address provided at the time of registration. The potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited) and any other requested documents within three (3) calendar days from the date of attempted notification or the Prize may be forfeited in its entirety and awarded to an alternate winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of a winner’s right to claim the Prize, and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. If the potential winner is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize, the Prize may be forfeited. If the Prize is forfeited, the Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver the Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Upon verification of eligibility, the winner will be contacted to make arrangements for Prize fulfillment. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. The winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for his/her Prize Sponsor will issue an IRS Form 1099-MISC for the winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility. The Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
Administrator will attempt to notify the potential winner as set forth above, but Administrator/Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered e-mails, including without limitation e-mails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes e-mail, including any winner notification e-mail, to a spam or junk folder. Prizes that are unclaimed, unredeemed, or returned as undeliverable will not be awarded. Prize is non-transferable and no Prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding the Prize for any reason.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers and each their respective officers, directors, stockholders, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or undeliverable e-mail/text notifications or postal mail; (ii) any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; (iii) garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/network accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; (iv) any technical, mechanical, printing or typographical or other error; (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; (vi) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes; (vii) any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to entrants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize; and (viii) entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules. Further, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any unanswered or undeliverable winner notifications.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules, including entry requirements; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iii) to forever and irrevocably agree to release and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof); (d) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof); (e) human error; (f) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties; (g) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or (h) the negligence or willful misconduct by entrant.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical, administrative, printing, production, computer or other errors, there are more winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the winner.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, address (city and state), biographical information, likeness, picture and other information and content provided in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in all media worldwide including, but not limited to, on television and the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to disqualify any entrant found or suspected, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as in these Official Rules is void. If it is discovered that a person has registered or attempted to register more than once using multiple phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, multiple identities, IP addresses, use of proxy servers, or like methods, all of that person’s entries will be declared null and void and that person will not be awarded any Prize that he/she might have been entitled to receive. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor or Administrator in the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted on the registration form associated with such entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or the Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. No entrant shall have the right to modify or amend these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any promotional materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, – The D23 Presents The Magical 50th Celebration Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winner List requests must be received no later than October 2, 2021, 2021.
© 2021 Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. dba D23 Worldwide. All rights reserved.