We’re looking forward to D23 Expo 2019! Below you will find important details for the event.
For even more tips on how to make the most of your Expo experience, be sure to watch our “Know Before You Expo” video series on the official D23 YouTube channel.
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL D23 EXPO MOBILE APP!
Download the official D23 Expo Mobile App available on the App Store or Google Play to get the most out of your experience during the event. Use the app to view the latest event information and full event schedule, navigate the Show Floor with the interactive map, and answer pretty much every question you could ask, all in one place.
TICKETS & ADMISSION
Purchasing D23 Expo Tickets
Tickets for D23 Expo 2019 are SOLD OUT!
D23 Expo Ticket Discounts
This year, discounted single-day and multi-day tickets for D23 Expo 2019 are available exclusively to D23 Gold Members. D23 Gold and Gold Family Members can save up to $10 per day off the price of admission to D23 Expo 2019, based on the purchase of tickets at the D23 Gold Member rate. You must be a D23 Gold or Gold Family Member to qualify. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or offers, while supplies last. Gold Members can purchase up to two discounted tickets and Gold Family Members can purchase up to four discounted tickets. Click here to join today!
General admission tickets are $89 for a one-day adult admission and $69 for children.
D23 Expo Badges
New this year to the D23 Expo, badges will be enabled with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. Your badge will be your “passport” to all the magic of D23 Expo, so make sure to activate it online or via the D23 Expo Official Mobile App prior to arrival in order to take advantage of the following: secure advance reservations for shows and stores, participate in opportunities presented by Disney and Friends of Disney, receive photos taken at select D23 Expo experiences, and redeem your D23 Expo Gold Member gift (D23 Gold and Gold Family Members only).
Expo badges will begin shipping to guests on August 5. Guests who are picking up their badges from Will Call will be able to look up their badge number and then activate it. More information on looking up your badge number will be shared via email on Monday, August 12.
As you enter and exit D23 Expo, make sure to scan and pick up your complimentary lanyard so you can have your badge visible throughout the Expo. While at D23 Expo, always wear your badge and have it ready to show to staff to enter sessions, booths, and other activities. Scan your activated badge to check in for StagePass, StorePass, and TalentPass experiences and at participating booths to receive additional information about exciting offers. When you leave the Expo, make sure to scan your badge so you can re-enter when you return.
It is extremely important to remember to scan your badge when you leave, or you could be denied re-entry! If you forget to scan out or if you experience an issue with your RFID badge, please visit the Anaheim Convention Center’s North Hall and look for the Badge Activation and Help Desk. If you have an issue with your badge, make sure to present a photo ID to confirm that you are the badge holder of record.
No cancellations or refunds are permitted for D23 Expo tickets. Tickets cannot be returned for any merchandise credit and have no cash value. The D23 Expo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or forgotten badges.
Activating D23 Expo Badges
To activate your badge, you need to follow three simple steps:
• Step one: Visit D23Expo.com/Activate
• Step two: Enter your badge number and press SUBMIT
• Step three: Enter your first name, last name, and valid email address and press SUBMIT
You will receive an activation confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org once you have successfully activated your badge. Be sure to add that address to your email contacts to minimize the chance it goes to your spam folder. Your badge will then be activated!
Important to note, D23 Expo badge activation is not mandatory but will enhance the overall D23 Expo experience. Do not activate badges for guests under the age of 14. D23 Expo guests under the age of 14 can still participate in reservations and photo activations as the guest of an adult with an activated D23 Expo badge.
Advance Online Reservations
Advance online reservations for all event days are now full. If you do not receive your desired reservation(s), there will be standby queues at StorePass and StagePass locations as well as at Talent Central.
- StorePass provides entry at a designated time to shop at either Disney DreamStore, Disney Store, or Mickey’s of Glendale. You may reserve one (1) StorePass per day. Arrive at the shopping location no later than five minutes prior to the start of your reserved timeslot.
- StagePass guarantees entry to select sessions at Hall D23, the D23 Expo Arena, Stage 28, and the Walt Disney Archives Stage. Seating is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. StagePass tickets are not assigned to a specific seat. You may reserve up to two (2) StagePasses per day, and each reservation must be for a different stage. For Hall D23, arrive at least one (1) hour prior to the start of the session. For D23 Expo Arena, Stage 28, and Walt Disney Archives Stage, arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.
- TalentPass provides reservations for talent photos, signings, and other experiences across the Show Floor, including Talent Central. For Talent Central, you may reserve up to three (3) TalentPasses per day. Arrive at Talent Central no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of your reserved time slot. Please see specific Show Floor pavilions listings for details relating to those experiences.
Please note: A valid and activated D23 Expo adult badge is required to make and check in for a reservation. Children under the age of 14 are unable to make advance online reservations. Guests outside of the United States who have purchased D23 Expo tickets will be able to participate in advance online reservations. These guests will still need to pick up their badges onsite at Will Call. You will be able to make one reservation per time slot. If you do not arrive by the time specified prior to your reservation, your spot will be filled by standby guests. For Hall D23 and D23 Expo Arena, the Gold Member Priority Queue will have first access to general seating, followed by StagePass reservations. Standby queues will fill in remaining seats. For Stage 28 and Walt Disney Archives Stage, StagePass has first access to general seating.
VENUE, PARKING, TRANSPORTATION, AND HOTELS
D23 Expo is held at the Anaheim Convention Center.
800 W. Katella Ave. Anaheim, CA 92802
Parking is available at the Anaheim Convention Center for a nominal fee. Please allow ample time for parking, as some lots may be off site. Please note: Overnight parking is prohibited at the Anaheim Convention Center. Anaheim Resort Transportation may be utilized from local public transit hubs, including the ARTIC station. Please visit rideart.org for local transportation routes and schedules. Additionally, there are ride share drop-off and pick-up locations at the north side of the convention center on Katella Avenue, at the east side on Convention Way near Harbor Boulevard (please note, no pick-up or drop-off in the traffic circle), and at the south side on Transit Plaza.
Book your hotel room for D23 Expo 2019 at a special rate here: D23Expo.com/Hotels. If you experience any difficulty making your reservation, please call (800) 873-7265 or (801) 214-7275 where customer service agents will be happy to help you Monday – Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. MT, excluding federal holidays.
Show Hours and Entry
Show hours for all guests are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Entry for the Show Floor and all stages is through the Anaheim Convention Center lobby. Upon arrival, follow signs and event staff directions for entry.
For the safety of all guests, there will be security screening at all event entrances, including bag check and metal detection. Please allow ample time when planning your arrival. View D23 Expo Policies below for details about prohibited items.
North Hall Level 200 Hours
Will Call hours are:
- Thursday, August 22 from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, August 23 from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 24 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
D23 Membership Services, Badge Activation and Help Desk, and Online Reservations kiosks (StagePass, StorePass, and TalentPass) hours are: Thursday, August 22 through Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
D23 Gold Member Gift Pick-Up hours are: Friday, August 23 through Sunday, August 25 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
While online reservations guarantee entry to certain sessions, you may line up early to be among the first guests to enter the Show Floor. Overnight queues for general event entry, access to the Show Floor, and Hall D23 will begin the day prior. For admission on Friday, August 23, queues will begin on Thursday, August 22, at 2 p.m. For admission on Saturday, August 24, and Sunday, August 25, queues will begin at 7 p.m. the evening prior. Please do not arrive for overnight queuing early, as queues will not start prior to these times. Main entry for overnight queues is directly off Katella Avenue at the Arena Plaza on the north end of the convention center.
Please do not bring anything that cannot be easily stored in a backpack or smaller-size bag, and please do not leave items unattended. A concession stand offering a limited menu will be open for your convenience. No re-entry is allowed, and all members of your party must be present (no holding space in line for others to join later).
D23 Gold Member Priority Queuing
D23 Gold Member Priority Queuing allows first access to limited general admission seating at Hall D23 and the D23 Expo Arena. D23 Gold Members may bring one (1) Expo guest, and D23 Gold Family Members may bring up to three (3) Expo guests. You must present your valid Gold Member Card at queue entry. All members of your party must be present at time of entry to the queue (no saving places in line). Priority queue capacity is limited. The priority queue will be closed one (1) hour prior to the scheduled session start time at Hall D23, 30 minutes prior to the scheduled session start time at D23 Expo Arena, or once capacity is reached, whichever is first. Should the priority queue reach capacity, D23 Gold Members will be directed to standby queues, if available.
Guests with Disabilities
D23 Expo accommodates guests with special needs, including wheelchairs and service animals. “Service animal” means a dog or miniature horse that is trained to do work or perform tasks for, and to assist, an individual with a disability. Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Early entry at our session venues is not permitted.
There will be seating available near the session venue entrance if you are unable to stand in the queue. You should join your group’s place in the queue once they arrive at the venue’s entrance to be seated. Motorized Scooters/ECVs may be parked outside of the designated seating after guests have transferred to their seats, if able.
Should a guest with a cognitive disability become over-stimulated or need some down time, several quieter locations are available through the venue where he or she can “take a break.” If necessary, find a cast member who will assist in directing you to a quiet location nearby. Some examples include:
• Sensory Break Area located on the third floor in Room 303D, near Stage 28 queue.
• Second and third floor lobby areas.
• Lobby of North Level 200.
For additional requests or needs, including Sign Language Interpretation and CART Services, please contact our Guest Services team at DLRAccessibilityServices@disney.com, call us during normal business hours (Monday–Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PDT) at (855) 323-5973, or visit our D23 Expo Guest Services desk in the lobby.
Strollers and Wheelchairs
Strollers and wheelchairs are not available for rent. If you are bringing a stroller and would like to attend a session, there will be designated areas for parking your stroller. Please do not leave any valuables with your stroller, as the D23 Expo is not responsible for any personal items that are lost, stolen, or broken.
Food and Beverage
No outside food, beverages, or coolers are allowed at D23 Expo. However, exceptions will be made for attendees with special dietary needs, including food allergies and baby food/formula. Guests can bring empty, non-glass beverage containers to fill at convention center water fountains. There will be a variety of food and beverage options available on site, including food trucks in the Grand Plaza and Arena Plaza. Please see the D23 Expo App for further information.
First aid locations are available between Lobbies A and B, in D23 Expo Arena, Hall D23, and Hall E (overnight only).
Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs)
ATMs are available throughout the Anaheim Convention Center and in between Halls B and C on the Show Floor.
Bag check service brought to you by American Tourister is available in Lobby A from 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. daily. All items must be picked up by 7:30pm each day. Price is $5 per bag.
Shipping services are available at FedEx locations at the Anaheim Marriott and the Hilton Anaheim. The Anaheim Marriott FedEx is open Friday, August 23 from 7:00am to 10:00pm and Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25 from 9:00am to 9:00pm. The Hilton Anaheim FedEx is open Friday, August 23 from 7:00am to 7:00pm and Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25 from 9:00am to 9:00pm.
Mobile charging stations are available on the Show Floor in the D23 Gold Member Fan Lounge (Gold Members only) and in Hall E. Additional charging stations can also be found in the lobby of the Anaheim Convention Center.
Guest Relations and Services
If you have a D23 Expo-related question, please visit D23 Expo Guest Relations located in the main lobby.
If you are a D23 Member and have a question about D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, please visit D23 Membership Services located in North Hall Level 200.
Lost and Found
All lost and found items will be held at D23 Expo Guest Relations in the main lobby. Once D23 Expo has ended, all items will be given to the Anaheim Convention Center’s Lost and Found office. You can contact Lost and Found at (714) 765-8950 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT.
In case your party becomes separated, please arrange a meeting place and time in advance. We are unable to page for separated party members. We suggest that you write your mobile phone number on your child’s event badge in case your child becomes separated from you. Please visit D23 Expo Guest Relations in the main lobby for assistance in finding a lost child.
Nursing rooms are available in Lobby A (Room 109) and Lobby D (Room 127). They are open for use without access restriction, and they are lockable from the inside. A changing table is located in each room. Room 109 has a mini-fridge for milk storage. D23 Expo does not monitor fridge access and is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
D23 GOLD MEMBER BENEFITS
D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will be entitled to special benefits throughout the weekend, including exclusive discounts and offers at select Disney retail and partner locations; a commemorative gift; access to the D23 Gold Member Fan Lounge; and limited priority queueing for Hall D23 and the D23 Expo Arena. D23 Gold Members must show their valid D23 Gold Member card for all benefits. For members that join after August 2nd and have not yet received their Gold Membership Kit and Card, temporary Gold Membership cards will be available at D23 Membership Services in North Hall. Temporary cards cannot be provided for members who may have lost or forgotten their membership cards.
D23 EXPO POLICIES
Please show common courtesy to fellow guests and our cast members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior, jumping lines, or saving places in lines for others. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests, please respect the following rules:
- All persons, bags, parcels, clothing, and other items may be subject to screening/security checks.
- We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel, or other item and to deal with any unattended object, bag, or luggage in such way as we consider appropriate.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind are prohibited.
- Children should be supervised. Guests under age 14 must be accompanied by a guest age 14 or older to enter.
- Tickets, credentials, and other entitlements are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable, and void if altered. The ticket must be used by the same person on all days during its period of validity.
These rules are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Chairs and folding chairs.
- Inflatables (including, but not limited to inflatable loungers, pool inflatables, and inflatable beds).
- Sleeping bags.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and weapons of any kind.
- Self-defense or restraining devices (e.g., pepper spray, mace).
- Marijuana (including marijuana-enriched products) or any illegal substance.
- Objects or toys that appear to be firearms or weapons.
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects, smoke machines, or fog machines.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars).
- Horns, whistles, large megaphones, or artificial noise makers.
- Recreational devices such as drones, remote-control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, or shoes with built-in wheels. Bicycles are only permitted outside the Anaheim Convention Center and must be walked within the event perimeter. Bicycles must be parked at designated bicycle racks located in the Arena Plaza.
- Strollers that are greater than 31 inches (79 cm) in width and 52 inches (132 cm) in length.
- Wagons, including stroller wagons.
- Any trailer-like object that is pushed, pulled, or towed by an Electric Conveyance Vehicle, wheelchair, stroller, or person.
- Wheeled mobility devices with fewer than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered and/or unoccupied. Training wheels and/or modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace. Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36 inches (92 cm) in width and 52 inches (132 cm) in length.
- Suitcases, bags, coolers, or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24 inches long x 15 inches wide x 18 inches high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm) are not allowed. Loose or dry ice is not permitted in these containers. Re-usable ice packs are recommended.
- Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags, and banners are not allowed.
- Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6 feet (182 cm) are not allowed.
We reserve the right to prohibit the use or storage of any other item not listed above that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.
- The sale of goods or services, or the display of goods or services, unless prior written approval has been obtained. The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior written approval has been obtained. Impeding operations while posing as or portraying any character in costume. Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the event or any part thereof. Unauthorized access or entry into backstage areas or areas designated only for Staff.
- Unauthorized events, speeches, or use of any flag, banner, sign or other material for commercial purposes, or as part of a demonstration.
- Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind, or otherwise engaging in any activity, for unapproved commercial purposes.
- Unauthorized solicitations of any kind, whether commercial, religious, educational or otherwise, or conducting any unauthorized commercial activities, including solicitations of money or other contributions or donations.
- Obstructing sidewalks, entrances, driveways, patios, vestibules, stairways, corridors, halls, or landings.
We reserve the right to prohibit any other activity that we determine may be harmful or disruptive, in our sole and absolute discretion.
The Anaheim Convention Center is a non-smoking facility. Smoking and e-cigarettes are allowed only in designated areas in the Palm Courts or Arena Plaza.
Alcoholic beverages are not sold and are not allowed at the D23 Expo.
Artists will only sign D23 Expo Autograph Cards or event merchandise purchased at the event. A valid D23 Expo receipt may be required as proof of purchase. Please do not bring any personal items to be signed.
All event attendees—including adults—may attend the D23 Expo dressed as their favorite Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars Characters. Attendees in costume must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Costumes should be family friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, or violent.
- Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and be removable. Masks must be removed at security screening and upon request.
- Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pretend or imply that they are an official Disney Character. Creating lines or collecting money for pictures and/or signed autographs is not permitted.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground.
- Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Costumes should not contain any weapons that resemble, or could easily be mistaken for, an actual weapon.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. The appropriateness of the guest costume will be determined by Disney in its sole discretion.
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, and for health and safety reasons, D23 Expo enforces a dress code. Proper attire must be worn at all times, including shirts and appropriate footwear. Clothing and tattoos with rude, vulgar, or offensive language or graphics is not permitted at any time. Admission to D23 Expo may be denied if clothing is deemed by D23 Expo management to be inappropriate. Comfortable clothing and footwear are recommended.
Pets are not permitted at D23 Expo, with the exception of guide, signal, or service animals (as defined by state and local laws). Service animal means a dog or miniature horse that is trained to do work or perform tasks for, and to assist, an individual with a disability. All other animals, including emotional support, comfort, or companion animals, are not considered service animals. Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
Permission to Film/Photograph/Record
By attending D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center, you irrevocably consent to and authorize D23 Worldwide, its parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, and their respective successors and assigns (collectively “Producer”) to photograph or make other recordings of you and any children accompanying you and to use such photographs and recordings throughout the universe, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever in all known and hereafter existing media and in any language in perpetuity. Filming, photographing, and other recording will take place throughout the D23 Expo. All such photographs and other recordings will be the sole property of Producer.
Photography and videography may be prohibited at select venues, screenings, and presentations. For the safety, security, and comfort of our guests, selfie sticks and drones are not allowed at D23 Expo. By attending the D23 Expo, you agree not to take pictures or video or make sound recordings wherever posted or announced as prohibited. Select presentations will be monitored for filming or unauthorized recording. Mobile phones and recording devices are strictly forbidden in these locations. Where designated within D23 Expo, the use of any of the following equipment of any kind is strictly prohibited: camera equipment; camera flashes or strobes; video cameras, including cell phone video technology; and audio recording equipment. Any person using or attempting to use any such equipment may, at the sole discretion of D23 Expo management, be subject to removal from the venue and may be refused entry to other events sponsored by or affiliated with D23 Expo management or The Walt Disney Company. D23 Expo management reserves the right to confiscate any photographs, audio recordings, and/or video taken in violation of this policy.
No flash photography and no filming or other recording of any kind is permitted at the “Disney Heroes & Villains: The Art of the Disney Costume” exhibit.
Assumption of Risk
By attending D23 Expo, you assume, for yourself and any children accompanying you, all risks and danger of: personal injury (including death); property loss or damage; and any other harm or hazards that may arise from are related or incidental to, or in connection with, the D23 Expo, whether occurring prior to, during, or after D23 Expo, and whether due to the negligence or willful misconduct of D23 Expo Management or others.
Limitation of Liability
D23 Expo Management makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy or suitability of any information in D23 Expo materials; does not guarantee, warrant, or endorse the products or services of any firm, organization, or person noted herein or otherwise at D23 Expo; and hereby disclaims all liability for any claims, losses, or damages in connection with the use or application of these materials or of any of the products or services at D23 Expo. All materials have been compiled or provided by D23 Expo Management as a service to those attending D23 Expo; are provided on an “as is” basis; and are not intended to constitute the rendering of legal or other professional services or advice of any kind. Users of these materials should not in any manner rely upon or construe the information or resource materials in these materials as legal or other professional advice and should not act or fail to act based upon the information in these materials without seeking the services of a competent legal or other professional.
D23 WORLDWIDE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE CONTENTS OF THESE MATERIALS AND/OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AT D23 EXPO, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SPONSORS AND EXHIBITORS
If you are interested in participating in a future D23 Expo as an event sponsor or existing Disney licensee, please contact Christine.G.Baum@disney.com.