Due to unforeseen inclement weather, Disney employees and their families who were registered to attend the Light Up the Season event on Saturday, December 7, will be joining our D23 Members at the event on Sunday, December 8.
We are still closely monitoring the weather for Sunday and in the event of inclement weather, some event offerings may be limited or the event may be cancelled. We will send additional communications as needed.
To enhance the D23 Member experience, we have added the following to the event, exclusively to our registered D23 Members and their guests with tickets:
- Early admission: D23 Members and their guests are invited to arrive at 2 p.m. for early admission (employees and their families will begin arriving at the regularly schedule time of 4 p.m.). Security will now open The Walt Disney Studios at 1 p.m. and allow guests into the check-in area at 1:15 p.m. Please do not arrive before 1 p.m.
- After 3 p.m., there will be a dedicated check-in queue for D23 Members. The event will still conclude at 8 p.m.
- Upon check-in, guests will receive a voucher for a snack item at the Buena Vista Commissary.
- For everyone’s enjoyment, we’ve added even more experiences and activities than originally planned!
We anticipate heavy traffic and parking demands on Sunday, so please plan accordingly. Rideshare options (such as Lyft and Uber) are encouraged. Please drop off at either the Riverside or Alameda Gates.
Our fan-favorite holiday tradition continues! Every December, Disney’s Burbank Studio lot gets a little more magical as the spirit of the holiday season sweeps across the lot with twinkling lights, music, and seasonal decorations for the annual holiday party for employees. Continuing the tradition, The Walt Disney Company extends the invitation to our D23 Members and their guests for a special encore Light Up the Season evening on the fabled Studio grounds. This festive evening celebrates that special Disney time of year with wintertime activities and games befitting of Arendelle, shopping, photo opportunities, and delicious treats—fun for the whole family!
- Explore the legendary Walt Disney Studios lot—decked out for the season—including a peek inside historic Stage 2.
- Watch screenings of classic holiday short films inside the Studio Theatre.
- Take advantage of several holiday photo opportunities worth melting for, including Disney photo spots, character meet-and-greets, and a chance to meet Santa Claus.
- Enjoy holiday shopping at the Studio Store, where Disney authors will be on hand to sign their books.*
- You’ll find a D23-exclusive Light Up the Season 2019 Disney ornament, local vendor booths with a variety of crafts and gifts, fun holiday games and prizes, and complimentary treats.
- Additional seasonal sweets and savories—including Walt’s Chili—will be available for purchase.
Continuing the decades-long commitment to Toys for Tots, we invite attendees to donate new, unwrapped toys for kids and families in need in local communities during D23’s Light Up the Season. Disney’s relationship with Toys for Tots began in 1948 when Walt Disney and his animators personally designed the original Toys for Tots train logo, which is still in use today.
We look forward to seeing you at this celebration of yuletide charm and holiday cheer during D23 Days of Christmas!
*Authors to be announced closer to event, based on availability.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest; D23 Gold Family Members may reserve tickets for themselves and up to three (3) guests.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members must log in by using their D23.com Gold Member account information when reserving tickets. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
- All guests under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to attend this D23 event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Video or audio recording of any kind will not be permitted during the presentation and screening.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at The Walt Disney Studios during the event you will be attending. Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. will be taking photos and filming at The Walt Disney Studios located at 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California.
By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.