Walt Disney once wrote: “More things of importance happened to me in Marceline than have happened since, or are likely to in the future.” The Official Disney Fan Club invites D23 Gold Members back to Walt’s boyhood hometown to explore the Walt Disney Hometown Museum, stroll down Marceline’s own “Main Street, U.S.A.,” experience a one-of-a-kind visit to Walt’s Family Farmhouse, and more—all co-hosted by Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline and Disney author Jeff Kurtti!
Available to Gold and Gold Family Members
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
Event check-in will take place on Thursday, May 24, from 4 – 7 p.m. at The Elms Hotel & Spa roughly 30 miles from Kansas City, MO. The bus to Marceline will leave promptly at 8 a.m. on Friday, May 25, and return that evening to The Elms Hotel & Spa at approximately 10:30 p.m. All guests must utilize D23’s transportation to and from Marceline. Hotel accommodations at The Elms Hotel & Spa are not included and attendees are not required to stay on property.
During this D23-exclusive day trip, The Official Disney Fan Club is thrilled to host a magical one-of-a-kind experience that will begin with a light continental-style breakfast aboard the bus to Marceline from The Elms Hotel & Spa.
During the approximately 100-mile trip, Disney author Jeff Kurtti will share stories from his brand-new book, Travels with Walt Disney: A Photographic Voyage Around the World, and Disney Archives Director Becky Cline will set the stage for the arrival into town.
Once in Marceline, guests will head to Ripley Park and witness a special D23 ceremony for the restoration of the children’s auto ride originally donated by Walt and Roy in the mid-1960s.
The group will also have the opportunity to tour the Walt Disney Elementary School. While not traditionally open to the public, attendees will have the chance to see beautiful Disney Character murals designed by Disney Legend Bob Moore.
Other stops include the Walt Disney Hometown Museum and the Marceline Post Office, and there will be free time to explore the town’s own “Main Street, U.S.A.” A casual picnic lunch will be provided to each attendee while touring Walt’s boyhood town.
Guests will then be transported to Walt Disney’s Family Farmhouse for a very special evening. For the first time ever, D23 Members will visit Walt’s barn and go inside his childhood home for a private tour!
As the sun sets, guests will enjoy a delicious hometown BBQ reception at Walt’s Family Farmhouse while mingling with fellow D23 Members and Disney guests.
All attendees will receive a copy of Jeff Kurtti’s book Travels with Walt Disney: A Photographic Voyage Around the World and have the opportunity to have it signed during a special meet & greet. Of course, this historic return to Marceline would not be complete without a keepsake created just for you!
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest; D23 Gold Family Members may reserve tickets for themselves and up to three (3) guests.
- Due to the nature of this experience, all attendees must be at least 15 years of age or older to partake in this D23 event.
- All dietary restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team by May 20, 2018.
- This event does not include hotel accommodations at The Elms Resort & Spa. Guests will receive exclusive D23-rate information in the confirmation email. In order to receive this rate, all Elms Resort & Spa accommodations must be booked by May 10, 2018.
- During portions of the day, transportation will not be provided and guests will be required to walk to and from locations, rain or shine.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
- All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place in Marceline, Missouri, during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.