It’s a mostly ghostly Halloween on The Walt Disney Studios lot, as D23: The Official Disney Fan Club presents an eerie evening event, including a terrorific package-picture feature.
As the sun sets over the Studio lot, we’ll gather inside the historic Studio Theatre to enjoy a few of our Halloween-time favorites just in time for the big day! Kicking off the spirited celebration, Author of Marc Davis in His Own Words and Disney Imagineer, Chris Merritt, will share a look at the creepy creation of one of Disneyland’s most iconic attractions, Haunted Mansion.
Next, Becky Cline, Director of the Walt Disney Archives, will then share a selection of spooky shorts from the Disney vault.
To cap it all off, we’ll have a spectrally special presentation on The Legend of Sleepy Hollow hosted by Fox Carney of the Animation Research Library, who will share an unforgettable look at the making of the film, featuring beautiful artwork from artists such as Mary Blair. He’ll then introduce a big-screen presentation of the film itself, in honor of its 70th anniversary this year!
Following the screening, attendees will exit to find an eerie fog has fallen over the Studio lot, as guests—who are encouraged to wear their best costumes—will enjoy a variety of photo backdrops and sweet treats.
All guests who “join our jamboree” will receive a bottled water, a D23 bucket of popcorn, and a D23-exclusive limited-edition Legend of Sleepy Hollow pin—created just for this special anniversary!
Available to Gold and Gold Family Members
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
The event will begin at 7:30 p.m. at The Walt Disney Studios and will last until approximately 9:30 p.m. Security will open The Walt Disney Studios at 6 p.m., and the Studio Theatre will open approximately 30 minutes before the start of the event. Please do not arrive before 6 p.m.
Special Message: All D23’s Mostly Ghostly Halloween attendees—including adults—may attend dressed as their favorite Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars Characters. Attendees in costume must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Costumes should be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, or violent. Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision, and eyes must be visible at all times.
- Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pretend or imply that they are an official Disney Character. Creating lines or collecting money for pictures and/or signed autographs is not permitted.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground.
- Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Costumes should not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest; D23 Gold Family Members may reserve tickets for themselves and up to three (3) guests.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members must log in by using their D23.com Gold Member account information when reserving tickets. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
- Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 years of age or older to attend this D23 event.
- Ticketed Members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Video or audio recording of any kind will not be permitted during the presentation and screening.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at The Walt Disney Studios during the event you will be attending. The Walt Disney Company will be taking photos and filming at The Walt Disney Studios located at 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.