Updated details September 22, 2017
D23’s Fanniversary kicks off a month-long celebration with a one-of-a-kind event on the 35th anniversary of the fan-favorite theme park. The event will include a series of presentations celebrating the magic of Epcot over the past 35 years.
Check-in will be from 8:30–9:15 a.m. at the Epcot Main Entrance. Please see the complete event program below. Lunch will be provided to all attendees during the event.
Available to Gold and Gold Family Members
You will be required to show a photo ID. Members will be required to show their D23 Membership Card.
Join The Official Disney Fan Club as we celebrate the 35th anniversary of Epcot during D23’s annual Fanniversary celebration throughout the month of October! Inspired by Walt Disney’s vision for an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, EPCOT Center opened on October 1, 1982, as the second theme park at Walt Disney World Resort.
Gold and Gold Family Members have the chance to kick off Fanniversary with a visit to Epcot on October 1 for a D23-exclusive celebration event! The celebration details include:
- 8:30–9:15 a.m.: Event Check-In (Epcot Main Entrance—Future World)—Please do not arrive prior to 8:30 a.m. or later than 9:15 a.m. After checking in, guests will be guided to the event location.
- 10:01–10:30 a.m.: 35th Anniversary Fountain Stage Ceremony — Attendees will enjoy reserved viewing to celebrate the 35th anniversary of Epcot with Mariachi Cobre and Voices of Liberty.
- 11:10–11:50 a.m.: Epcot Attractions of Yesteryear—It’s always fun looking back at tomorrow. Join Imagineer Daniel Joseph and historian Michael Crawford as we take a nostalgic journey through some of your favorite memories of Epcot past!
- 12–12:45 p.m.: 35 Things You Didn’t Know About Epcot—Think you know everything there is to know about the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow? Think again! Our expert presenters—Disney Legend Tony Baxter and Imagineers Jason Grandt and Diana Brost—will reveal some secrets and details that will surprise even the most passionate Epcot fans! During this time, guests will also enjoy a boxed lunch at their tables.
- 1–2 p.m.: Epcot Dreamers and Doers—For 35 years, Disney Cast Members and Imagineers have dreamed big and done the impossible. Join a discussion hosted by Jason Grandt with Epcot dreamers and doers—Walt Disney World Parks Senior Vice President Jim MacPhee; Disney Legend Bill Sullivan; Future World leader Rick Allen; Imagineers Zach Riddley, Wyatt Winter, and Alex Wright; and former Disney Imagineer Patrick Brennan—who have each played a role in shaping the world of tomorrow, from 1982 to today!
- 2–2:25 p.m.: Epcot Entertainment Through the Years—A showcase of music, dance, and the arts, Epcot has been host to memorable events and performances over the past 35 years. Discover the rich legacy of Epcot entertainment in this special presentation hosted by Epcot Vice President Melissa Valiquette and featuring show directors Marsha Jackson-Randolph and Forrest Bahruth; Mariachi Cobre leader Randy Carrillo; and Epcot Entertainment leader Christopher Stewart.
- 2:30–4 p.m.: Epcot 35th Merchandise Pick-Up & Pop-Up Shop (optional)—All attendees are eligible to participate in an Advance Purchase Merchandise opportunity and can pick up these advance purchases during this time, as well as visit a D23 pop-up shop that will feature exciting merchandise coming to Epcot for the 35th anniversary.
No event would be complete without a one-of-a-kind gift created exclusively for this celebration.
We’ll see you real soon and don’t forget to join the conversation by using #D23Fanniversary and #Epcot35!
- No videography or recording of any kind will be permitted in the World Showplace during D23’s Fanniversary Celebrates 35 Years of Epcot. Still photography is permitted.
- D23 Gold and Gold Family Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest.
- Due to the nature of this experience, all attendees must be at least 12 years of age or older to partake in this D23 event.
- This event does not include admission to Epcot. Guests will need to have or purchase admission to Epcot to attend. If planning to use a Walt Disney World Annual Passport to attend, each guest should check blockout dates to verify that the pass is valid for admission on Sunday, October 1, 2017.
- Admission includes a prix fixe boxed lunch. Food allergy and restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team prior to the event.
- There is a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership cards may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
- All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at Walt Disney World Resort during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.