As part of our 10th anniversary celebration of The Official Disney Fan Club, D23 is thrilled to invite a very limited number of Gold and Gold Family Members to the ultimate behind-the-scenes experience at The Walt Disney Studios. This custom event is filled with one-of-a-kind experiences only D23 can create for the ultimate Disney fans.
The magical day will start on the Studio lot when you meet your tour guide and enjoy light refreshments at the Hyperion Bungalow—built in 1932 at Walt Disney’s Hyperion Studio as an early home for the Disney Comic Strip Department and later moved to the Burbank Studio lot. After your guide shares an overview of the day, D23 Members will embark on a tour that includes a rare peek inside the Ink & Paint Department and an in-depth walking tour of the original Animation Building where D23 Members will tour Walt Disney’s private office suite and one of the eight screening rooms affectionately known as “sweatboxes.” The tour continues with a visit to the Walt Disney Archives, where you’ll see the latest collectibles and treasures on exhibit and some special rare surprises!
The fun-filled day will culminate with a customized luncheon, served at a private dining room inside The Rotunda—the exclusive full-service restaurant at the Studio lot. Guests will enjoy a delicious three-course lunch from this rarely seen location while taking in the stunning views of the historic Walt Disney Studios.
All guests will receive a commemorative gift, created exclusively for this D23 Behind-the-Scenes Experience. Guests will also have the opportunity to shop at both the Disney Studio Store and the Disney Employee Center.
Be sure to keep an eye out for future announcements, as we’ll bring one more of these exclusive tours later in 2019!
The event will begin at 9:30 a.m. at The Walt Disney Studios and will last until approximately 3:30 p.m. Security will allow guests to enter The Walt Disney Studios at 9 a.m., and check-in will begin promptly at 9:15 a.m. Please do not arrive before 9 a.m.
- D23 Gold and Gold Family Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest.
- Children under the age of 10 are not able to partake in this experience.
- Only confirmed ticketed attendees will be able to enter The Walt Disney Studios on March 11, 2019.
- D23 Members who do not bring their membership card and tickets will not be admitted to the event.
- Ticketed members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
- Electric Convenience Vehicles (ECVs) will not be permitted inside Walt Disney’s office suite. Guests utilizing a wheelchair will need to transfer to a wheelchair supplied by the Walt Disney Archives.
Photography and video recording will be permitted during portions of the tour, but flash photography and recording of any kind will not be permitted inside Walt Disney’s office suite.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place at The Walt Disney Studios during the event you will be attending. The Walt Disney Company will be taking photos and filming at The Walt Disney Studios located at 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, California. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.