Celebrate Shanghai Disney Resort with D23: The Official Disney Fan Club and Walt Disney Imagineering, in our Magical Milestones series marking some of the biggest Disney Parks anniversaries in brand-new ways for Disney fans around the globe!
This exclusive virtual event will feature a grand gathering of Imagineers who will take us on a journey spanning everything from the park origins and history, to beautiful artwork and storytelling, to plenty of behind-the-scenes stories that will let us meet some of the fascinating people who bring our favorite places to life.
The second in this celebratory series marks the fifth anniversary of the Shanghai Disney Resort. Hosted by Academy Award®-nominated director Leslie Iwerks, we’ll go far back before the grand opening five years ago to explore the earliest history of the groundbreaking resort with a roundtable discussion featuring Wing Chao (Disney Legend and retired Imagineer), Doris Woodward (retired Imagineer and the Resort’s Senior Director and Producer), Howard Brown (General Manager & Site Portfolio Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering Asia), and Bob Weis (President – Creative & New Experience Development, Walt Disney Imagineering). Together, they’ll pull back the curtain on what makes Shanghai Disney Resort “Authentically Disney, Distinctly Chinese”—with the inside story on the resort’s development, unique designs and influences, favorite memories, and more!
But the journey is just beginning as we’ll look at the first five years and into the future—from Disney·Pixar Toy Story Land, to incredible entertainment that includes the new Mickey’s Storybook Adventure and nighttime spectacular Illuminate!—all culminating in the extraordinary fifth anniversary celebration! Plus, D23 Members will get a special sneak peek at the all-new Zootopia-themed land coming soon!
All Disney Parks fans are in for quite a treat as they get to hear directly from an all-star roster of creative talent from around the world, including:
- Michael Jung, Executive Theatrical Development, Disney Live Entertainment
- Keith Gallo, Director Creative Development, Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai
- Leia Mi, Art Director, Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai
- Aileen Li, Art Director, Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai
- Dustin Schofield, Senior Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Chang Xu, Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai
- Chris Yu, Associate Show Design & Production Manager, Walt Disney Imagineering Shanghai
- Tom Williams, Executive Producer, Disney Live Entertainment
- Joe Schott, President & General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
- Andrew Bolstein, SVP Operations, Shanghai Disney Resort
Be sure to register using one of the links above, where you will be given a unique access code to watch this special panel that will premiere Wednesday, June 16, at 4 p.m. PT and will be available until Friday, July 9, at 11:45 p.m. PT.
Upon registration, you will be sent a confirmation email with online viewing instructions, including your personal link and access code.
- D23 Gold Members are able to request one (1) complimentary access code per membership to view the event.
- D23 General Members are able to purchase one (1) access code per membership for $10 (plus $1.50 processing fee) to view the event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice.
- Be sure to use one of the recommended browsers below to view the live stream and we encourage you to cast to your TV or computer.
- Chrome v81 and higher
- Firefox v76 and higher
- Also Supported
- Safari v8 and higher for Mac
- Edge v12 and higher for Windows
- Chrome v31–v80 for all
- Chrome 81 or higher for Android
- Safari 13 and higher for iOS