It’s time for you to enter the Krakoan Era. You are cordially invited to join Marvel and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club as we outfit the fiercest fashion and prepare for the powered-up party of the summer. Mutants, heroes, villains, and those in between are invited to the first ever real-life X-Men Hellfire Gala, where we’re bringing the living island of Krakoa to San Diego, California.
Attendees are encouraged to dress in super-powered style, fashioning the chicest looks, embellished by their own epic abilities. Because, as any Hellfire Gala fan knows, powers are the ultimate accessory. Are you a mutant who can control the weather and strike like lightning with a storm of style? Or maybe you’re channeling a powerful look inspired by your steely exterior and indestructible visage. No matter your unique mutation or cosplay creation, make sure YOU are feeling fly. (Bonus points if you can actually fly.)
This monumentally mutant gathering will host three distinct areas for guests to “x-plore” throughout their epic evening:
- The Green Lagoon: Strut down the green carpet and enter an incredible locale. Inspired by the eclectic watering hole on Krakoa, attendees will find an array of greenery, taking direction from the lush island paradise. Here is where all guests will enter this uncanny event and can quench their thirst for liberating libations and salacious scandals. Those wishing to kick back as hard as they party can grab a cozy nook and enjoy the scintillating environment with a quick break between dance sessions. The Green Lagoon puts the “X” in “Relax”!
- Hellfire Ballroom: Astounding abilities meet epic ensembles. You’re sure to discover what happens when these worlds collide in the grandiose Hellfire Ballroom. Hosting the event’s main offerings, guests will step through a Krakoan Gateway and enter a space where looks are served, and justice is brought—all set to a soundtrack of super-powered proportions. Masterfully curated music meets Mutant moves as the dazzling dance floor beckons to any hero with a hunger for vivacious dancing and celebration. Those looking to share a secretive assemblage with their own “Hellfire Inner Circle” can catch their breath and snag a booth on the edges of the dance floor in this ostentatiously alluring area.
- Lair X: Dive deeper into mutant culture and head down to an underground Lair dedicated to iconic X-Men flair, looking back on the last 60 years of mutant history. Lair X will be home to inspired activities, with its very own dance floor, bar, and seating area. Guests who head down to Lair X will also find an arrangement of photo opportunities, perfect for anyone looking to document their dazzling outfits and most striking of cosplays.
This epic comic crossover event is being translated for the first time ever from in-page to in-person, celebrating this year’s Hellfire Gala in the pages of X-Men comics, along with the 60th anniversary of the X-Men! You’ll get the chance to strike a pose, and enter an extraordinary event filled with fashion, fun, and forces to be reckoned with.
- Entry to D23 Presents the X-Men Hellfire Gala, featuring multiple rooms, DJs, photo opportunities, and more!
- 1 drink ticket that can be used for beer, house wine, well drink, soda, or bottled water.
- Commemorative gift.
- Exclusive for guests who purchase “X-pedited” Entry: Early access to the venue and dedicated queue.
Attendees in costume must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Costumes may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable, or violent.
- Guests may wear costume masks. However, costume masks must not obstruct vision and must be removable. Costume masks must be removed at security screening.
- Costumes should not drag on the ground.
- Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Costumes should not contain any weapons that resemble, can be used as, or could easily be mistaken for, an actual weapon. Costume swords must be anchored to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn. No firearms, projectiles, or arrows (simulated or otherwise) will be allowed.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards. The appropriateness of the guest costume will be determined by Disney at its sole discretion.
Security guidelines include:
- No drugs, drug paraphernalia, or illegal substances of any kind.
- No prescription or nonprescription medication.
- All guests should be prepared to go through a security screening and bag check.
- No professional audio, video, or audio recording equipment, including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms, or commercial use rigs.
- No unsealed liquids or gels of any kind.
- No personal video cameras, GoPros, selfie sticks, drones, or laser pointers.
- D23 Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and up to three (3) guests.
- All ticket holders MUST BE 21+ with a valid government issued ID to attend this D23 event.
- There is no designated parking for this event. Public parking and meter parking are available in the surrounding area.
- Security checks will be present to enter this event. Please adhere to costume/security guidelines for a quick transition through the security checkpoint.
- This event will feature loud music and flashing lights. If anyone in your party experiences obstacles with those sensory features, we ask you to please take note these will be present throughout the entire event. We will have a number of quieter spaces to use at this event, but they will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Each attendee must have a ticket in their possession for entry.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members must log in by using their D23.com Member account information when reserving tickets.
- Ticketed members and guests who do not attend the event forfeit their place, as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. D23 Members must be present or guests will not gain admittance to the event.
All D23 events are subject to change without notice. All ticket sales are final. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds regardless of reason (including, without limitation, due to illness, change in travel plans, etc.) and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Disney”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Disney.