With a hip, hip, and a clippity-clop, D23 “heads” to Sleepy Hollow, New York! Come celebrate the 70th anniversary of Disney’s classic The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and discover the legend for yourself as the town of Sleepy Hollow celebrates the 200th anniversary of Washington Irving’s original frightening fairy tale.
The journey will begin at Kingsland Point Park in Sleepy Hollow, where Guests will arrive, check in, and receive their special credential. The brave souls will then be transported by bus to the various venues throughout Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown, New York.
The first stop will be at the Tarrytown Music Hall, where D23 Members will have reserved viewing for “Disney’s Hollow-een Treat,” as part of the First Annual Sleepy Hollow International Film Festival! In a special presentation, Walt Disney Archives Director Becky Cline and voice actor Bret Iwan will “treat” Guests to a special selection of Disney’s spookiest shorts before a screening of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, complete with a behind-the-scenes look at each film.
Following the screening, D23 Members will be transported back to Kingsland Point Park for an autumn celebration that would make Brom Bones proud—complete with live entertainment, light appetizers, beverages, desserts, and spectral hay rides—all set in the picturesque surroundings of the Hudson Valley.
Then as the sun sets, the horseman will rise and guests will gather in the Old Dutch Church for a live telling of Washington Irving’s classic tale. In the very church where Ichabod fancied himself choirmaster, guests will hear the tale of Ichabod Crane, Brom Bones, and Katrina Van Tassel, accompanied by eerie music to complete the evening jamboree.
All attendees will receive a D23-exclusive limited-edition The Legend of Sleepy Hollow pin—created just for this special anniversary.
Event check-in will take place on Sunday, October 13, from 1:30 – 1:45 p.m. at Kingsland Point Park Pavilion in the Village of Sleepy Hollow. The shuttles to Tarrytown Music Hall will run from 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. on Sunday, October 13, and return that evening at approximately 7:45 p.m. All guests must utilize D23’s transportation for the event.
- From Manhattan, Guests are encouraged to take Metro North from Grand Central Station on the Hudson line to Philipse Manor station
- If driving, parking is available at Kingsland Point Park right next to Pavilion.
- D23 Gold Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest; D23 Gold Family Members may reserve tickets for themselves and up to three (3) guests.
- Due to the nature of this experience, all attendees must be at least 10 years of age or older to partake in this D23 event. Guests under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 years of age or older to attend this D23 event.
- All dietary restrictions must be communicated to our Guest Services team by September 20, 2019.
- This event does not include hotel accommodations.
- During portions of the day, transportation will not be provided, and guests will be required to walk to and from locations, rain or shine.
- There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event.
- All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
PLEASE BE ADVISED: Filming, photography, and other recording will take place in Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown, New York, during the event you will be attending. By entering the premises, you irrevocably consent to and authorize The Walt Disney Company, its affiliates, successors, and assigns (collectively “Producer”), to photograph you, make sound recordings of you, and use such photographs and recordings throughout the world, for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, television broadcasts and home entertainment products, including, but not limited to, home video and DVD. All such photographs and sound recordings will be the sole property of Producer.